No announcement yet.

LIVE from Laguna Atascosa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not much of a live hunt from me. Javelina are all I've seen so far. Plan to be mobile tomorrow

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck and for the love of God...told take off your safety orange until you reach your vehicle!

Comment

We rode all the way back to three and spotted a bull and 5 or 6 cows. After low crawling for a hundred yards some thing spooked them from behind and they ran to our direction but to the other side of a sand bearm and kept on going. We’re beat. Didn’t see anything else. I don’t think I’ll make it back to 3 again without a truck ride back

Comment

Good luck love that place shot a lot of animals there in last 25 plus years

Comment

Originally posted by TXOUTLAW View Post
            Gators nor snakes are a problem right now

You’d be surprised about them gators. I found 4 big holes/dens in unit 3. Actually stepped on a baby gator right by my first set up. After I calmed down I counted 8 babies laying in the grass.

Comment

Yes definitely watch for the gator dens you may not have a foot or leg if a big one is sitting in it. And as for snakes you'll be surprised when you see one because the ones my group has seen aren't very little and were out in pretty cool weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I posted the story on the public hunting thread.

When we left the check station around 7:30 a few deer had been brought in and I believe 6 nilgai, but don’t quote me on that number. There where also volunteers out with two groups who were tracking.

Comment

Originally posted by TradAg02 View Post

I posted the story on the public hunting thread.

When we left the check station around 7:30 a few deer had been brought in and I believe 6 nilgai, but don’t quote me on that number. There where also volunteers out with two groups who were tracking.

Well done, he's a beast!

Comment

After all that time I finally had my chance at a nice bull about 200yds behind me. He saw me look and went full alert. By the time I turned and got the crosshairs on him he was turning clean miss. Pool heard the shot and no contact.
                    My bud on the other hand missed a cow and nice buck but later in the evening connected with a nice bull. That fell 400yds in a mud flat. A lot of work getting him to the road but fortunately there was a volunteer family that drove in and helped load it in their truck to take it to the cleaning station.
                    Left last gate at 715. By the time we left for camp it was after 10.
                    Long day, early morning. I'll post a few pics tomorrow but here's the board

Comment

Pic for size and the pic shows how we felt before final cleaning

Comment

Congrats to your buddy. Good luck getting you one today.

Comment

Good luck today

Comment

Originally posted by TXOUTLAW View Post
                            Pic for size and the pic shows how we felt before final cleaning

Good job

Comment

Nice! Good luck on your bull today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Dang man that’s a good bull congrats!

Comment

Working...
                                X