No announcement yet.

African Bushpigs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on the piggies!! That night stalking sounds like fun.

Comment

Man, you are living my dream!! I always enjoy your hunting threads. Thanks for taking the time to post them. Very nice guns too by the way.

Comment

This story and pics could have been any where in Texas with all of our feral hogs. The corn pics looked just like damage done by them that I had seen before.

I did not know Africa even had "bushpigs".

Cool pics and story

Comment

Congrats on the kills ! I have a couple friends who have hunted bushpigs unsuccessfully. From that, I feel like your bait and blind option is a good one.

Comment

Awesome !

Comment

Well tonight was a hunting night but not a killing night.

Its was one of those kinda night’s where I needed to be lucky once but it did not happen.

Walking to the corn field I could hear them brake the stalks as they were feeding, stalking closer but with the wind behind me I did a semi circle in the wetland just below the corn fields.

I got to with in about 15 yards from the corner of the corn field in the knee high grass when 1st one bust out on my right into the grass giving no shot, then with the Flir pick up another one on the left hand side but corn and grass is so thick I cant see it when the light goes on.

Still looking for a shot the third pig came out of the field 15 yards away on my right, the flir showed it was a big pig and as I started swinging the 303 into the shoulder for a shot it burst into the grass running, at times I could just see the hair on its back confirming it’s probably a big boar.

No shots to night but at least it was a great session under African Stars again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Very cool. Thanks for sharing.
                Are those domestic pigs that have gone feral?

Comment

Originally posted by breese View Post
                  Very cool. Thanks for sharing.
                  Are those domestic pigs that have gone feral?

Breese,

We have two wild pig species in Southern Africa.

One is the Warthog and the other is the Bushpig.

Bushpig hunt is also called the poor man’s leopard hunt when they are hunted over bait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X