257 Weatherby Scope Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What scope and size would you get? Would like to stay in the $500 or under but might consider more if needed.

got mine topped with a Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x50 get one and you wont be disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecobeast View Post
      got mine topped with a Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x50 get one and you wont be disappointed.
      What he said but a 4.5-14x44 might be more in the 500$ price range.

Thats what I started on my 257 with no complaints. Have a swarovski on it now

Comment

Zeiss over Vortex? I'm kind of dumb when it comes to scopes..... I don't understand the diffrence between same brand $500 and $2500 when they both have the same power.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivanite View Post
          Zeiss over Vortex? I'm kind of dumb when it comes to scopes..... I don't understand the diffrence between same brand $500 and $2500 when they both have the same power.

Absolutely Zeiss over Vortex.

If you have a lot of time read this.

Comment

I have a Zeiss HD5 2-10x on my 257. Wish it was the 3-15x but 10x will still get you out there a good ways

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              Absolutely Zeiss over Vortex.

If you have a lot of time read this.

http://opticsthoughts.com/?page_id=122
              Thanks for the link to that article. Lots of good points in there. It covers just about everything that can be thought of in terms scopes. I enjoyed the read

Comment

$500 and under...Leupold VX-3 or catch a Zeiss Conquest HD5 on sale.

Comment

ummmm
                  don't go cheap on scope I see many guys with these fancy rifles with cheap scopes...scope should be top notch imo

Comment

Vortex is garbage compared to the Zeiss. ImHO

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

i had the Nikon 6-24x50 BDC on my 257 and i must say I its awesome...scope is @ 600 tho but worth it

Comment

I have been looking at the Bushnell Elite 4500 4x16x40 with the DOA 600 reticle

slides12-14 and 17 explain the field judging lines and hash marks in the reticle

Comment

I've got a Silver Leupold VX-II 6x18x40 fine duplex. I like the combo. Looks nice together

Comment

On mine I have a Simmons 6.5-20x50 that is a Midway exclusive scope. I really like it and it has had no problem holding my zero and it tracks very well. $109 and free shipping is a nice deal as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X