No announcement yet.

New Zealand or Africa hunt?? Which one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been to both, NZ in 2006 for a Stag (Bronze for $3500) and a Fallow, ($2500) and to Africa for 3 trips with plenty of animals in my game room.

For the prices, it is Africa all day long and twice on Sunday. Also, there is no where in the world that you can do a spot and stalk or sit at a waterhole and see the number of animals or the different species of animals that you can in Africa. For some of the prices for a trip to New Zealand, you could have one heck of a safari and more animals in Africa. Just my opinion.

The first year I hunted Africa, I sat at a waterhole of spot and stalk hunted and the least number of animals I saw was 15, the most 78, but the last morning I sat at a waterhole I had 32 animals come to water, but that included 8 different species of animals, only in Africa or a zoo/wildlife park could you see that!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
      I have been to both, NZ in 2006 for a Stag (Bronze for $3500) and a Fallow, ($2500) and to Africa for 3 trips with plenty of animals in my game room.

For the prices, it is Africa all day long and twice on Sunday. Also, there is no where in the world that you can do a spot and stalk or sit at a waterhole and see the number of animals or the different species of animals that you can in Africa. For some of the prices for a trip to New Zealand, you could have one heck of a safari and more animals in Africa. Just my opinion.

The first year I hunted Africa, I sat at a waterhole of spot and stalk hunted and the least number of animals I saw was 15, the most 78, but the last morning I sat at a waterhole I had 32 animals come to water, but that included 8 different species of animals, only in Africa or a zoo/wildlife park could you see that!
      Wow! Kinda confirmed my ‘leaning more towards Africa’ thought. NZ may have to wait then. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
        Africa, hands down!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        I haven't been to New Zealand yet but I'll go back to Africa.

Comment

i'm pricing New Zealand right now. With my wife and I both hunting, one shooting a stag (bronze medal) and one shooting a Tahr bull, the cost of the trip was over $20,000.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
            i'm pricing New Zealand right now. With my wife and I both hunting, one shooting a stag (bronze medal) and one shooting a Tahr bull, the cost of the trip was over $20,000.
            Lot's of critters and a great hunt can be had in Africa for $20,000!

Comment

In my mind, Africa.

Comment

two vastly different experiences. Two fantastic experiences. Given what I know now, probably NZ first, then SA, but can't go wrong with either

Comment

Working...
                X