L.e.o.s.a. Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

L.e.o.s.a. Question

anyone had any issues while carrying out of state or jurisdiction as a current L.E.O. or as a retiree?

I'm not Retired or has any problems, but this is an overview of the law. https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/926C

Comment

I’ve read the statues but I’ve also read where case law where some officers had been arrested and had to go to court and get vindicated under LEOSA , I know we went to NYC a few years ago when I was still working and never had any issues but that was flying. I’m wondering more about driving and some over zealous departments or jurisdictions that refuse to accept LEOSA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Try here

LEOSA or The Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act concerns the carrying of firearms by qualified current and retired law enforcement officers. The information included within this site is to be used by those who are currently qualified under LEOSA or are looking for information on becoming qualified to carry a firearm under LEOSA.

Comment

We were told and I’ve read all about the law but the fact is some states and municipalities refuse to acknowledge it as case law has shown. I was just asking if anyone on this forum has had any issues while being stopped for a traffic infraction?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X