No announcement yet.

San Saba Ranch / ABC ranch / www.sansabaranch.com a bad review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the record, I contacted Richard and it wasn't to get his side of the story!

Comment

nm
      Last edited by Smart; 09-14-2010, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Olphart View Post
        To all that see me taking sides on this ordeal, I'm truly not. I was reporting on my prior experiences at this ranch and trying to get folks to consider there's ALWAYS two sides to an incident, one of which hasn't been told...and it ain't up to me to do that for them.

Joy called me after reading my post about cancelling our trip, offering to refund the money, and was obviously emotionally upset about all the comments. I didn't call her.

She explained to me that during the summer months, very few hunters book a hog hunt due to the heat. As a result, Richard does not trap as the traps would have to be checked and emptied on a daily basis. If he didn't, he'd have sick or dead animals to deal with. Without hunters, this would only increase his feed bill and selling them is not an option. Joy told me that they had two hunters during July. So, this appears reasonable, at least to me.

She agreed that their friend should not have made any comments to the hunters. He apparently has done this to their family members and they just blow it off. My opinion, and it ain't worth much, is that he was wrong for popping off to complete strangers and the hunters handled it right. But, someday, someone's gonna challenge his BS. And you are correct in that she was not present during the guys approaching Richard about this, nor was I. I don't know if Richard apologized for his friends behavior or not.

Again, the contact was not initiated by me, but I'm glad she called. It gave me a chance to hear her explanation about the number of hogs during summer months. It also gave me the opportunity to explain my group's opinions about not running dogs during our hunt. We just aren't into that and she agreed to relay our wishes to Richard.

I didn't mean to offend or challenge anybody. I wasn't there, so I don't know for sure what did or didn't happen. Again, the intent was for folks to consider doing some checking for yourself. If that's not what you want to do, so be it.
        Like I stated none of us have a problem with you or even your willingness to go there. But what you just brought is another example of Richards refusal to make things right. He had my phone number as I called him that Saturday a few hours before this happen. I have yet to recieve a call from anyone and at this point I wouldnt take it anyway.

Like we have stated we did not leave because of the lack of hogs; we weren't very happy about but we accepted it because we were all having a blast together. As this is what this group is about; we do numerous trip each year and will all see each other again in a month.

The most distrubing thing you have just stated is that this "friend has spoken to family members in the same way and they just blow it off". Richard should have known better than to have him around paying customers if this was a reoccurring theme.

I am glad to hear that they are seeing this and maybe it will change the way things are done or maybe it won't. Richard's fix to this problem was to put me as this guy face to face so this "friend" could apologize and I have already documented what had happen.

I am not sure you saw where one of us wrote that Richard showed up in camp as we were just about to pull out from camp. I got out of my truck thinking that he would approach me like a man and say sorry for what had happen that he understyood why we were so upset, but he did not....he got out of his truck and walked right past me and went directly to pit to check the brisket. This sealed the deal and I hope he reads this also.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
          Ooohh ****!!

Comment

have the owners even attempted to contact any of the guys to apologize and make things right?

Oh nevermind, just got my answer! I'm looking for a new place to go with some girlfriends. I trust the guys story over anyone elses.
            Last edited by Captrix; 09-14-2010, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Still trying to get your shorts back?

Comment

I am confused as to why you would post this.
                Last edited by double lung; 09-14-2010, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by double lung View Post
                  I am confused as to why you would post this.

Come on slacker.....You could have waited for an explanation via your PM to me before you posted this.......
                  Last edited by Smart; 09-14-2010, 05:16 PM.

Comment

i posted it way before i pm'ed you...

can you not read a digital clock?

Comment

You young fellows is a whole lot more politically correct than I'm used to...

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                        I wasn't there either, but i have spent enough time on this forum not to question those involved and how the story was relayed back to us. They have proven themselves to be a solid part of the tbh family & i think their main purpose was to warn their fellow brothers and sisters of how the owner had a lack of backbone.

yes, you will get the golden treatment because of the fallout but i certainly would not hand over any coin of mine to an outfit that insulted my amigos and didn't even have the cajones to set his friend straight. That is plain lack of character & I'm gonna roll with how the story happened with the eye witnesses i trust.
                        Exactly my thoughts on the deal as well....

And what Joy is doing is called damage control And the reason she is having to do it is because Richard doesn't know how to treat a paying customer.... Who cares if there were hogs there or not, everyone that went on this hunt has already said thats part of hunting, so thats not the big issue, IMO..... It is called customer service, and San Saba doesn't have it...

Comment

Hope y'all take us up on our offer the next trip y'all book.

Gene, I don't know how far you are wanting to travel,but give me a call if you want to book a hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by IDAHO_BOWMEN View Post

Gene, I don't know how far you are wanting to travel,but give me a call if you want to book a hunt.
                            Again thanks for reaching out to all of us it means alot.

Comment

Originally posted by BOWERIK View Post
                              Again thanks for reaching out to all of us it means alot.
                              Ditto! Skylar, you and you Pop are class acts.

Comment

Thanks, I'll talk to my friends, are your prices posted on your website?

I just did a Google search and this thread is the 3rd link.

Comment

Working...
                                X