Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hunters chance to Contact the President!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunters chance to Contact the President!

Link to voice your opinion to the President!!!

Yesterday, the U.S. Senate approved House Joint Resolution 69 with a vote*of 52 to 47. This legislation previously passed the House with a bipartisan vote of 225 to 193.
    If signed by the President, H.J. Res 69 would nullify the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS) rule, “Non-Subsistence Take of Wildlife, and Public Participation and Closure Procedures, on National Wildlife Refuges in Alaska.” Please contact President Trump today and urge him to sign H.J. Res. 69 into law immediately!
    The FWS rule prohibited forms of hunting on all National Wildlife Refuges in Alaska and interfered with Alaska’s ability to manage wildlife within its borders. *
    SCI has led the hunting community in challenging the FWS rule and in fighting for state authority over the management of fish and wildlife and the regulation of hunting, including by filing a lawsuit to challenge the FWS rule and similar regulations adopted by the National Park Service for National Preserves in Alaska.* **
    SCI celebrates the Senate approval of H.J. Res. 69, together with Alaska’s legislative leaders, the Alaska Department of Fish and Game, the Alaska Board of Game and the numerous sportsmen’s organizations who aggressively pursued this Congressional nullification of the FWS rule.*
    While a final victory is close, our work is not yet done.* H.J. Res. 69 now heads to the President’s desk. Please contact President Trump and urge him to sign H.J. Res. 69 into law.

Thanks LR.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
      Thanks LR.
      My pleasure![emoji106]
      Something positive involving politics and crickets around here......lol. I'm sure if it don't pass the pitchfork crew will be banging on keyboards ........after the fact.[emoji15]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Whatever happened to this?

Enough about Russian spies

How is Trump affecting the regular outdoorsman's life?

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
          Whatever happened to this?

Enough about Russian spies

How is Trump affecting the regular outdoorsman's life?
          It is definitely going in the direction with secretary Zinke's appointment to oversee the Interior. .....which includes Fish & Wildlife goons. The subsistence issue is sticky with Akaska residents. At the SCI Lobby Day in DC last week they are realky concerned about it. I think loosing a million acres on the northern slope should be very concerning. It completely shuts off access to a whole herd of caribou for starters. I think Zinke will intervene. Hot a win on western wolfs then anti's filed another lawsuit. The Michigan wolf issue is ongoing. Even my meeting with Cornyn was positive on the 4 concerns we presented. Let's pray Zinke moves quickly on all hunting issues as his 2nd in command noted to our contingent.[emoji120]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. Filled out and sent - took 2 seconds.

Comment

Working...
            X