No announcement yet.

Bow finish help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are doing it right. Just don't get too impatient (I have that problem) and give it plenty of time to cure. Be sure to post pics when it is complete.

Doug

Comment

All done I gave it three coats allowed to to cure in between coats. I started with 320 grit and then finished with 400 grit. Here before pictures.
      Attached Files

Comment

Here is the after pictures . It wasn't hard just more patience than anything and $10 of material . Thanks guys for the advice.
        Attached Files

Comment

If you want a real quality finish, you should spray on thunderbird epoxy finish. You can spray it out of an inexpensive hvlp cup gun sprayer and a little air compressor will work.
          If you don't want to go to that much trouble then use a hard conversion varnish and an aerosol preval sprayer.
          Sand the bow you are refinishing down to where almost all the old finish is off with 150- 220 grit paper

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Pm me if you would like step by step details

Comment

That turned out great!!

Comment

Looks like you've gotten it figured out! Never mind good looking job.

Comment

Turned out awesome!

Comment

Nice work, Roger!

Bisch

Comment

Looks great, Roger!

Comment

Nice! Looks like you did good!

Comment

Originally posted by Cwag View Post
                          If you want a real quality finish, you should spray on thunderbird epoxy finish. You can spray it out of an inexpensive hvlp cup gun sprayer and a little air compressor will work.
                          If you don't want to go to that much trouble then use a hard conversion varnish and an aerosol preval sprayer.
                          Sand the bow you are refinishing down to where almost all the old finish is off with 150- 220 grit paper

Strongly suggest thunder bird, well worth it.

Comment

Looks good! You did a fine job!

Originally posted by Cwag View Post

I'll agree as well, best dang finish there is! Period!

Comment

Looking good Roger.

Comment

That looks great!

Comment

Working...
                                X