No announcement yet.

Time to get serious.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep at it. It definitely can be very frustrating and humbling. It is easy to take for granted that a deer that is closer should be easier to kill. The reality is that there is no such thing as a chip shot.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Especially with multiples. Always one behind another. And shot angle is more critical.

Gary

Comment

Aim low...A lot of time, they duck at the shot.
        Good Luck ! Keep us posted.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
          Mitch the windows weren't my issue. My short little ***** trying to shoot a 62" bow at an animal at 7 yards away. When I shot out to 12 yards I was fine. It was a matter of my lack of experience with shooting a recurve from an elevated blind. Or any blind for that matter.

Gary
          That is exactly why I went to a 58in recurve shure helps in a GB or even in a ladder stand

Comment

Mitch the windows weren't my issue. My short little ***** trying to shoot a 62" bow at an animal at 7 yards away. When I shot out to 12 yards I was fine. It was a matter of my lack of experience with shooting a recurve from an elevated blind. Or any blind for that matter.

Gary
            That is exactly why I went to a 58in Recurve. sure helps in a GB or even in a ladder stand. hope your luck gets better!

Comment

Back in the pop up. Last hunt this week. Beautiful 3yo ten point here with some young does.Click image for larger version

Name:	20161222_072403.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	24477352Click image for larger version

Name:	20161222_072658.jpg
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	24477353

Gary

Comment

I plan to end up with a 56 to 58" bow. But right now I'm shooting what I could afford and I seem to shoot it reasonably well so far. I plan to keep shooting daily until my strength, form and muscle memory are such that I can move up inn weight and get the bow I want to hunt with. I'm just grateful that Buff, and this group, have inspired me to get moving as well as the help and encouragement to stay with it.

Gary

Comment

I plan to end up with a 56 to 58" bow. But right now I'm shooting what I could afford and I seem to shoot it reasonably well so far. I plan to keep shooting daily until my strength, form and muscle memory are such that I can move up inn weight and get the bow I want to hunt with. I'm just grateful that Buff, and this group, have inspired me to get moving as well as the help and encouragement to stay with it.

Gary
                  Good luck Gary

I picked up a 58" 1965 Bear Grizzly, just happen to be partial to the year. I will admit that I was pleasantly surprised to see how well the bow shoots, at a very modest price.

Comment

I own very few rifles. I have to shoot them well and enjoy shooting them. That being said I've sold two that I shot well but didn't like one for the recoil and the other for the weight. Got one now I'm tempted to sell because it's heavy. So I imagine I will own multiple bows but I will have to like them well or they won't get used and I will sell them.

Gary

Comment

That Bear I have will probably go. Just can't get comfortable shooting it. I will try for a while but I don't see it being a bow in my arsenal.

Gary

Comment

That one doe in the picture looked like she could be about to pull around broadside. Is there a reason you weren't looking to kill one of them?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20161222_093455.jpg
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	24477408
                          But no doe. Over four how's of grid search. Pretty bummed.

Gary

Comment

[ATTACH]831888[/ATTACH]
                            But no doe. Over four how's of grid search. Pretty bummed.

Gary
                            Good Lord that arrow is covered! Liver?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Was a little high but I didn't think that far back. Sat I'm blind for two hours after shot. No gut smell so I think solid liver. Blood on track was dark as well. Nothing after 75 yards.

Gary

Comment

Man that arrow arrow is soaked!! Hate that you weren't able to find her.

Comment

Working...
                                X