Is this Crab Grass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
    Yep. Blue Stem. Native grass. Makes great grazing but horrible yard.

Skinny
    I'll have to check with the HOA to see if I can put a goat in the front yard...

Comment

Skinny

Comment

Eleusine indica http://www.illinoiswildflowers.info/...oose_grass.htm
        Last edited by Playa; 05-16-2018, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Look at http://www.kellysolutions.com/ok/pesticideindex.htm for info on how to treat or control bugs and weeds.....

Comment

100% KR BLUESTEM ( Bothriochloa ischaemum ) non native.. botgoose grass has bigger seed and the plant itself just looks different. It is not andropogon girardii.. (big bluestem- native)

Comment

KR bluestem. Not good grazing. Was used by the highway department to reseed highway shoulders. It is now an “invasive” grass on rangelands. It is extrememly hardy and difficult to control.

Comment

Originally posted by mathewsoutback View Post
                KR bluestem. Not good grazing. Was used by the highway department to reseed highway shoulders. It is now an “invasive” grass on rangelands. It is extrememly hardy and difficult to control.

Meh. Cattle and horses like it. Beats the heck outta nightshade and ragweed. [emoji1474]

Skinny

Comment

If you're looking at killing just the weed and not harm the rest of the yard use BONIDE Weed Beater Complete. Should have it at most big box stores. Had that same issue and sedge grass and after 2 applications it worked wonders. Just make sure to water it in as it is a granular product.

Comment

birdsfoot trefoil

i think

Comment

Originally posted by mdeaso View Post
                      i think
                      Therefore I am . . Just sayin . .

Comment

Maybe dallisgrass

Comment

KR Bluestem, very invasive, it will take over a pasture in no time, not really a good way to control it other than shredding it before it heads out, that's really the only way that cattle will utilize it from what we've seen, once it heads out, they wont eat it.

Comment

Originally posted by LlanoHunter10 View Post
                            If you're looking at killing just the weed and not harm the rest of the yard use BONIDE Weed Beater Complete. Should have it at most big box stores. Had that same issue and sedge grass and after 2 applications it worked wonders. Just make sure to water it in as it is a granular product.
                            I think I've already killed the rest of the grass. This stuff is the only thing that is growing.

I will look for some of the BONIDE Weed Beater Complete. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                              It does look like bluestem, but my yard guy said goose grass and the description and image matches Aggie Horticulture https://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/...ns/weed13.html

And if them Ags know anything it’s their horticulture

And sheep. They know their sheep, from the inside out
                              Farmers Fight!

Comment

Regular mowings will cause your bermuda to choke out the weeds naturally. Might consider stepping up to mowing twice a week for spring and early summer...especially after rains...as opposed to chemical applications.

That stuff pops up in alot of my Leander yards and the HOA Nazis get their panties wadded up quick. I have to step up my mowings from every other week to every week.

Comment

Working...
                                X