Kubota or John Deere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BaseKAM36 View Post
    I have 60 acres lots of valleys and creeks 3/4 super thick the other 1/4 field have paths cut around the the stuff for fencing. you thing 45 might be to big or no?
    My opinion is you can never have a tractor to big, but you dang sure can have one to small.

Comment

Can’t go wrong with either. Things I like about the Deere and about the Kubota. HST is well worth it as mentioned.

Comment

I have 60 acres lots of valleys and creeks 3/4 super thick the other 1/4 field have paths cut around the the stuff for fencing. you thing 45 might be to big or no?
        I have 55 acres of woods. I really wish I would have gone bigger. I can do what I need to do, but bigger would make everything easier and faster. Can’t own land without a good tractor. I use it for fixing roads, moving dirt, food plots, brush hogging. No man ever said he’d wished he’d gone smaller. There’s one guy on here who has gone thru several Kubotas, he started at 35, went to 45...I thinks he’s got a 55 or 60 now. Atfulldraw, the insurance guy.

Go bigger, wish I had.

Comment

You can do a little job with a bigger tractor easier than you can do a bigger job with a little tractor. Get as big as you can afford.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin View Post
            My opinion is you can never have a tractor to big, but you dang sure can have one to small.
            Well said...and not as wordy as my reply.

Comment

I have a 2016/ L3901/ 4x4. No issues.

Comment

I depends. For dirt work and light loader work a 30-40hp is good. When you start pulling PTO equipment HP is KING. If shredding and 3 point work is a priority, I would suggest 50-65 hp. A 65hp is a good all around size tractor, and in that size I would lean towards JD. Much better low end power with JD than the Kubota.

30-40 hp will work with 4-5' equipment

50-65 will work with 6-8' equipment.

MOwing 20-30 acres with a 4' shredder will take forever!

Comment

My place is 50 acres and is about 1/3 woods with the rest pasture/improved pasture... I got a 60 HP John Deere. Would not want anything smaller... If you're going to be working cattle and maybe picking up round bales, that little Kubota won't do that... Other thing that limits the smaller tractors is the FEL can pick up more than the tractor will haul. Get as big as you can afford and still get the implements you need. I'd even go so far as to buy a bigger tractor and sacrifice implements, then get them used in the after market.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                    I depends. For dirt work and light loader work a 30-40hp is good. When you start pulling PTO equipment HP is KING. If shredding and 3 point work is a priority, I would suggest 50-65 hp. A 65hp is a good all around size tractor, and in that size I would lean towards JD. Much better low end power with JD than the Kubota.

30-40 hp will work with 4-5' equipment

50-65 will work with 6-8' equipment.

MOwing 20-30 acres with a 4' shredder will take forever!
                    I'd concur with this assessment as well. I have a 6' shredder/brushhog, and it takes me all weekend to mow my pastures (about 30 acres)... My next implement will be an 8 footer... Don't quite have enough tractor for a bat-wing...

Comment

if you are going with the L3901, might as well look at the L4701. I sell used tractors, and we sell mainly JD and Kubota. New ones will have the emission crap on them. just a thought from what I see daily: we have more people swapping in the newer Kubotas with the emissions (regen system) on older Kubotas without the regen. I would look for a good low houred one without the emissions if it was me. They are out there. We get quite a few in. if I can help with anything, just shoot me a text 903-603-3540.

in my opinion, I would strongly consider a Mahindra too. if I was looking, I would look at them real hard, you can usually save some money...and they have 5yr powertrain warranty too.

if you want, take a look at our website www.noondaytractor.net and let me know if I can help.

Comment

Bigger is better
                        Neighbor has 100hp kubota for 10 acres.
                        Definitely doesn’t waste time mowing. No way I would look at anything under 60 hp for 60 acres. I’d go bigger if you can afford it. It’ll save a BUNCH of time the first time you have to mow it. . . . .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I own both brands.
                          90 hp Kubota-great tractor
                          90 hp JD worst tractor I ever owned
                          130 hp JD best tractor I ever owned

There’s a true saying. Less than 100 hpKubota, more than 100 JD.

Comment

love my 50 hp Kubota but I need bigger.

Comment

I have heard the JD anything under 40 hp is almost identical to a yanmar?

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                                I own both brands.
                                90 hp Kubota-great tractor
                                90 hp JD worst tractor I ever owned
                                130 hp JD best tractor I ever owned

There’s a true saying. Less than 100 hpKubota, more than 100 JD.
                                This!

At 100hp they are a close race, less hp go Kubota, more hp go JD.

Comment

Working...
                                X