Shotgun double feeding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shotgun double feeding?

Has anyone had a shotgun double feed before and how did you fix it? Meaning when you eject a shell two more pop out of the magazine tube causing a jam. It doesn't happen with my gun all the time but I'd rather not have that problem. Is the spring in the magazine tube too tight or what do y'all think I should do to fix it?

It's a Remington 887 that I'm having problems with.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
      Has anyone had a shotgun double feed before and how did you fix it? Meaning when you eject a shell two more pop out of the magazine tube causing a jam. It doesn't happen with my gun all the time but I'd rather not have that problem. Is the spring in the magazine tube too tight or what do y'all think I should do to fix it?
      Is the little catch that holds the shell in the mag worn?

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
        Is the little catch that holds the shell in the mag worn?
        Not that I can tell. It seems like it's actually gotten better since I got it. It did it right from the get go. I kept the magazine tube loaded thinking maybe it would help if the spring was too stiff but occasionally it does it. Especially if I eject the shell in the chamber slow.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
          Not that I can tell. It seems like it's actually gotten better since I got it. It did it right from the get go. I kept the magazine tube loaded thinking maybe it would help if the spring was too stiff but occasionally it does it. Especially if I eject the shell in the chamber slow.
          Tried different shells?

Comment

Yeah I've shot everything from 2 3/4",3" and 3 1/2" and it still does it. One thing I forgot to mention is I unload by pushing it in to release the shells from the tube instead of cycling the action to empty the gun. I really have to push it in hard otherwise the shell in the tube catches on it and doesn't pop out. If I push the latch in and the shell hangs and then pump the gun it comes out of the tube and falls out on the ground. So the shotgun shell is just hanging there basically just barely holding on. I don't know if that will make sense explaining it that way though.

Comment

Have you cleaned it? This makes me think it may be gumbed up. Seems like its moving to let the shell cycle and not moving back in time to catch the next. Disclaimer: I'm no gunsmith. LOL!

Comment

It could be a little gummed up. It's really not too dirty but I might as well try cleaning it and maybe oiling it up good. It almost seems like that latch is sticking out too far. But then again I don't know how I'd ever know that. I ain't no gunsmith either. But I think we're on the right track of figuring out the culprit of the issue.

Comment

Check out this thread on multi feed issues. You may be able to fix yours, or get Remington involved.

Comment

Working...
                  X