No announcement yet.

Big table for backporch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heck of a nice table. Momma ought to be real happy with that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
      I am wanting to build basically this exact thing. How do you distress it before staining?

I can handle the construction, but do not know much about stain/ paint/ etc.
      Like Quakerbox said, there is many ways to do it. My wife likes to use a flat head screwdriver, and engrave lines into it. On this one she used a piece of chain, a hammer, & crow bar. She didn't get too crazy like some I have seen, but your are basically making it looked aged.

Stain is easy. You brush or wipe it on, and let it sit for a few minutes, and then wipe it off. The longer you let it sit, the darker it will be. ALWAYS practice on a scrap piece if it is a stain you have never used. After stain has dried, you want to seal it with either a wax (interior), or a polyurethane. I prefer several coats of a clear satin polyurethane sealer.

On the cedar, we have been using a product called "Flood", in the cedar tint. Brush it on, and leave it. No wiping off.
      https://www.flood.com/

Comment

I thought I was done..........Next is the two 6' benches w/back rests.

Comment

Dimensions:
          12'-0" L
          41" W
          31" from floor to top of table
          leg posts are inset 18" from the end

The table sits really well, and it's pretty relaxing to rest your feet on the pipe! I based the elevation off of my current diner table.

Comment

Nuce

Comment

Great Job!!!

Comment

Looks good, I bet it is heavy lol

Comment

Cool

Comment

This is great.

Comment

Could you take a couple more pics of the pipe brace and where it connects through the horizontal brace? It looks like a huge hex nut @ the connection. Thanks & fantastic job!

Comment

Very nice work

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
                          Could you take a couple more pics of the pipe brace and where it connects through the horizontal brace? It looks like a huge hex nut @ the connection. Thanks & fantastic job!
                          I can.

I used a 1-1/4 stud bolt, with 2 hex nuts. I welded one hex nut to the pipe, and then inserted the stud thru 4x4. I used a 1-3/8" spade bit to drill a hole for the bolt.

Comment

That is an awesome looking table I might steal some of your ideas for building one for my wife also. She's been on me for awhile to do it.

Comment

nice

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
                                I can.

I used a 1-1/4 stud bolt, with 2 hex nuts. I welded one hex nut to the pipe, and then inserted the stud thru 4x4. I used a 1-3/8" spade bit to drill a hole for the bolt.
                                Where did you find the stud bolt that long. Great idea. Very nice looking table. Looking forward to seeing your benches with it. Great job

Comment

Working...
                                X