• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good lookin traps guys. Thanks for the tips

Comment

cool traps

Comment

The videos associated with the TAMU Ag Extension literature.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
        I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.

Comment

nice trap setups, do these traps stay set year round? Do you bungee cord them shut when you do not want to trap anything?

Comment

Nice set up. crap, that's a lot of hogs in one trap. Hope you got a lot of sharp knives and a lot of help. Either that or plenty of coyote's to do the cleaning up.

Comment

Will be trying in south tex to try and get rid of sum...

Comment

Originally posted by stymie View Post
                nice trap setups, do these traps stay set year round? Do you bungee cord them shut when you do not want to trap anything?
                We leave our gate open year round; don't have too much trouble with cows getting in there. The pigs get used to coming in and out during the week, and we set it on the weekends. Somebody is probably at our place 25weekends a year though. I would never bungie it closed but might bungie it open.

Comment

Very nice...

Comment

Some good ideas for the traps! Might have to give it a try!

Comment

I have a couple of traps I built as soon as I reach 5 posts I'll post them
                      (thats 4)

Comment

We also hag a wild hog problem here in Hawaii, I do a lot of local trapping for people. I have a chainlink trap that is easily transported in my truck.

It operates with a stick that props the door open attached to a ABS elbow filled with corn for the initial catch, they just push the door open walk in and the counter weight(on the right side of the cage) pulls the door back closed. It has a 6" X6" wire mesh on the bottom. the biggest so far has been #95 with the wire mesh for a floor I might have to stake it down if I run into a big one.

To date 9 is the most I have caught in one evening. we just snare them and away they go.

We have people that are on a waiting list so when I need to get rid of some I have plenty of people waiting.

Here's a smaller version of the big trap I made, simple yet effective, it's a one time catch trap, the door locks as it closes.

Plus it's easy to move

unless you have one of these guys in there..

The larger trap is for larger hogs seen in the area..
                        This one was not a happy camper.

Comment

Nice to see some Hawaii hogs!!!!!!!!!!!!! I used to work at Tripler and they were all over up there..............never did hunt them though. I went to Pali a couple times but it was *******s to elbows in there with stands!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I'm going to build one of the figure 6 traps this weekend around a feeder I have. Are the 50" high panels tall enough, or do I need to get the 5' high panels?

Comment

need at least 5 foot tall panels, the hog panels will catch them but they willjump out.

Comment

when use a trap like this make sure u have big freezer

Comment

Working...
                                X