• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i rather kill than trap

Comment

i'd rather killem in a trap!!

Comment

our lease has been infested with hogs this year, that "6" shaped trap looks like it might be just the thing.

Comment

Some of those look realy good

Comment

I have to try this.

Comment

Two nights in a row....hogs busted out of my trap.....Pics show a few running 300 plus.

Comment

that will put pork in the freezer

Comment

size

Originally posted by Bofly View Post
                  [ATTACH]73412[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]73413[/ATTACH]
                  What size is the pen you used? Also How did you attach gate to trap weld to t-post or what?

Comment

works great

Comment

Originally posted by bgtxan View Post
                      i rather kill than trap
                      Believe me, they die.

Comment

Leonhogboy, are you still trapping? I'd like to see your setup. PM me when you get time.

Keep catchin them hogs fella's they're populating faster than rabbits.

tending the fire,
                        Bob G.

Comment

Originally posted by maglite View Post
                          I MADE ONE THAT WAS 120FT AROUND!! i PUT A DEER FEEDER ON A TREE BRANCH THAT HUNG OVER THE TRAP AND I ACTUALLY PROPED THE DOOR OPEN WITH A STICK 2 OR 3 FT LONG AND AS HIGH AS I THOUGHT I NEEDED TO GET A BIG HOG TO HIT IT SO IT WOULD LET THE SMALLER HOGS IN AND OUT AND WHEN THE LARGE HOG WENT IN IT WOULD HIT THE STICK AND SHUT THE FLAP ON THE TRAP. THEN AS OTHER HOGS CAME AROUND THEY WOULD ROOT THEIR WAY INTO THE OTHER HOGS AND FEED BUT COULD GET BACK OUT! NOTHING BETTER FOR BAIT THAN A FEW HOGS IN THE TRAP!!
                          I agree with this. It has work well for me over the years. I have had as many as 13 hogs in my 30' round pen at once. Real common to get 3 or 4 easy.

Comment

j
                            Last edited by BU_pigslayer; 10-07-2009, 10:34 PM.

Comment

We've had success using a one way gate set up on a trip wire. We usually only get a few at a time but one time I got 14 and another time I got 6. I think I'll experiment using a taller trip wire to try and get the smaller ones in their first without tripping it and then having the big ones come in behind to trip it!
                              Last edited by BU_pigslayer; 10-07-2009, 10:38 PM.

Comment

trap

Here's a pic of the 14 pigs we trapped.

a couple of them jumped on each other and got out...i shot one of them on the run though!

shot every single one of them and almost felt bad doing it. we killed 22 in total in this one weekend.

i buried some scrap 2x10s and 2x12s underneath so they can't dig out

Last edited by BU_pigslayer; 10-07-2009, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X