Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saving Sam - Abandoned Puppy (long read)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good read
    congrats to you and sam

Comment

Great story. Thanks for sharing

Comment

Good stuff!

Courtney

Comment

That is an awesome thing. She knows you saved her and to her, you are a true hero.

My wife and I rescued 23 dogs the first year we were married.

I actually rescued a little terrier mix a few years back in Lufkin. I saw her in the 5 lane road about to get hit by a car. I stopped and yelled "git" and she cleared the road just in time. She would have absolutely been hit.

She ran behind a house, and me being the dog loving bashful guy I am, I pulled in the driveway gonna give a light chewing to the owner for letting the little gal get in the road. It was an elderly couple, so the chewing part went right out the window. Turns out she had just shown up 3 days prior. They asked me if I wanted her, and I said no, but wasn't about to let her get killed by a car.

Had every intention of rehoming her. Took her to the vet and got her shots... and guess what. Turns out she is the sweetest baby girl I could ever hope for. She sleeps either under the covers snuggled up to me or on my pillow wrapped around my head.

You did a great thing and Sam will reward you for it more times than you could possibly keep track of.

Dogs are better people than most people.

Comment

Good on you! Great story and I'm sure she will be a great companion.

I acquired my current dog that way, 15 years ago. Today she is hard of hearing, going blind, but still the best dog a guy could have. I have never, nor will I ever regret saving her one bit. Lot's of good lessons and years joy.

Comment

Saving Sam - Abandoned Puppy (long read)

Best dog I ever had was Named Samantha I called her "Sam".

You rescued that dogs life and she knows it.
              She will forever be your servant whether you like it or not. If you would have given her away she would have never been the same as she will be with you. If you don't know what unconditional love is...she's about to show you. It's amazing.

Congratulations on your new best friend.

Comment

Five stars.
                Good on you, BHD.
                Cheers to many happy years for you both.

Comment

You found unconditional love.

Comment

Sounds to me like you are the first person that ever cared about/for her----good on ya!!!!!

Comment

Good stuff right there. No telling what would have become of that pup out if you hadn't given a rip. Girlfriend will have to adjust.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                        Thanks guys. Encountered an unexpected problem, though... My gf is getting a bit jealous! Lol
                        Lol ... can always find another gf but finding a great dog is a different story

Comment

Great stuff right there!

Comment

That is good stuff right there, thank you so much for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky T View Post
                              Good stuff right there. No telling what would have become of that pup out if you hadn't given a rip. Girlfriend will have to adjust.

lol we were just joking. She loves the dog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great story. Cute pup

Comment

Working...
                                X