Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
    Anybody like eating carp?
    No. Tried it once and hope to never be that hungry again.
    Last edited by cj7zrcool; 04-22-2019, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Anybody like eating carp?

Originally posted by waverider View Post
      I've eaten dozens of them in Iraq...grilled whole, over a wood fire and it is delicious.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masgouf

I saw some Arab dudes catching carp Below Mansfield Dam on Lake Austin, this is how they were telling me to cook them...never tried though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Been eating it the past 2 weeks in Asia. Its good. Don't think first world folks care to bother with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason85 View Post
          Isn't that the truth! They eat some strange things. My wife works by China town and we occasionally shop in the Asian markets. I know where to get soft shell turtles and frogs if your looking!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Alive?! My daughter would have them in an aquarium before I could get to clubbin’

Comment

Never eaten one. Shot quit a few with arrows , left them for the coons and fox. Now I try and catch them on a fly rod, and iam convinced they are the smartest fish I have fished for. Iam about ready to try gernades !

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
              Alive?! My daughter would have them in an aquarium before I could get to clubbin’

Oh yea! You don't have to worry about clubbing them. They do that free of charge for you..hahaha

Comment

Depends on the species. Grass carp are very good eating. Common carp from a clear running stream is also good when canned and made into fish patties like we do with salmon.
                Buffalo fish are better than carp and also need to be taken from clear running water to not have a muddy taste. Buffalo also make good fish patties. Eat with generous drops of lemon juice and Louisiana hot sauce.
                In South Dallas carp are known as Bugle Mouth bass or Trinity River Salmon.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                  Depends on the species. Grass carp are very good eating. Common carp from a clear running stream is also good when canned and made into fish patties like we do with salmon.
                  Buffalo fish are better than carp and also need to be taken from clear running water to not have a muddy taste. Buffalo also make good fish patties. Eat with generous drops of lemon juice and Louisiana hot sauce.
                  In South Dallas carp are known as Bugle Mouth bass or Trinity River Salmon.
                  Go to a baited dock on the lake, take a single hook and load it with whole kernel corn and put a weight about 12 to 18 inches above the hook and drop it to the bottom on reel the line tight. Wait for the ror tip to start bobbing up and down, you will see them nibbling on it seeing if they want to take it, when the tip of the rods really bends, set the hook. Caught a ton of carp like this as a young man, but better tie the rod to the railing or they will take it in a heartbeat. Seen it too many times. Fun times!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
                    Do you people understand the risk of eating freshwater fish raw ceviche style?
                    The acid in from the citrus cooks it. Not a big deal.

Comment

No but it's great cut bait for bluecats!!

Comment

You misspelled crappie. It’s crappie not carp.
                        No I’ve never but I’m always up for an adventure.

Comment

I watched a show awhile back and they were catching and cleaning carp, they sliced the carp cross ways about an inch thick, I guess they cut between the ribs, then they cooked them, they were ranting and raving about how great they were.

Comment

Never eaten a carp, don't plan on starting. Freaking things are nasty, stink to high heaven, etc... No thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                              Go to a baited dock on the lake, take a single hook and load it with whole kernel corn and put a weight about 12 to 18 inches above the hook and drop it to the bottom on reel the line tight. Wait for the ror tip to start bobbing up and down, you will see them nibbling on it seeing if they want to take it, when the tip of the rods really bends, set the hook. Caught a ton of carp like this as a young man, but better tie the rod to the railing or they will take it in a heartbeat. Seen it too many times. Fun times!
                              Nothing more fun that watching a 5 or 6 year old kid trying to reel in a 15lb red tail carp on 8 lb line. Carp are pound for pound the strongest fighting fish in fresh water and don't tire out easily. Most times the kid gives out before the carp does.

Chum with cream style corn and fish with whole kernel corn works great. Right now carp are spawning against the banks most places around here. Great fun catching these beasts. A 20-25 lb carp is the toughest fight you will ever have on light tackle. They just keep on pulling.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason85 View Post
                                Isn't that the truth! They eat some strange things. My wife works by China town and we occasionally shop in the Asian markets. I know where to get soft shell turtles and frogs if your looking!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                                That is a giant vat of salmonella

Comment

Working...
                                X