What cigar...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Avezorak View Post
    [ATTACH]664266[/ATTACH]H. Upmann Reserve. Like this one a lot. Smoking this stick alongside some iced tea after a steak for dinner.

Ya'll have a good weekend.

Funny you post this just now...

I've been an Upmann fan for years, but never had that one. My Dad hit me up about them earlier today. I think he is gonna order a box.

So, how was it? Your complete impression? (I need to know whether I should charge him "rent" for storing them in my humidor!)

Comment

What cigar...

Its the cigar Ive enjoyed the most after Cohoba Red Dots, which are my favorite.

It was a very mellow, medium stick. It didnt have much spice to it. It burned very well. Ill be buying a box once my humi comes in.

Gunmi, are there any Upmanns you would recommend to try?

Comment

What cigar...

Enjoying an unlabeled Cuban I've been storing since '06 with some cheap champagne. Nothing better while reloading mags. Wife went from not wanting me to make her smell like smoke to gimmeapuffadat when she realized it was a Cuban. Love that woman.

EDIT: here's the photo finally. What's up with Tappa talk tonight? It's giving me some crap about updating in order to post photos, but there's no update available in the store.

Last edited by 35remington; 10-27-2014, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Its the cigar Ive enjoyed the most after Cohiba Red Dots, which are my favorite.

It was a very mellow, medium stick. It didnt have much spice to it. It burned very well. Ill be buying a box once my humi comes in.

Gunmi, are there any Upmanns you would recommend to try?
          Thanks for your impressions!

Upmann makes one of the very best Cameroons on the market, IMO. It was the first one I got really excited about when I first started smoking cigars many years ago. Now it is called the Vintage Cameroon, and they are still darn good.

The Legacy is good, I am fond of the Sumatra wrapper, it makes for some great taste experiences.

I've never had the Banker, so no feed back on that one.

If you get the chance, pick up another one or two, write the date of purchase on the cello, and stick it in the bottom of your humidor. Pull it out in a year, and see if your experience is the same.

The natural Cohiba Red Dot is also a Cameroon cigar. The XV (also a "red dot" is a Sumatra wrapper) a little fuller flavor.

Comment

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post
            Thanks for your impressions!

Upmann makes one of the very best Cameroons on the market, IMO. It was the first one I got really excited about when I first started smoking cigars many years ago. Now it is called the Vintage Cameroon, and they are still darn good.

The Legacy is good, I am fond of the Sumatra wrapper, it makes for some great taste experiences.

I've never had the Banker, so no feed back on that one.

If you get the chance, pick up another one or two, write the date of purchase on the cello, and stick it in the bottom of your humidor. Pull it out in a year, and see if your experience is the same.

The natural Cohiba Red Dot is also a Cameroon cigar. The XV (also a "red dot" is a Sumatra wrapper) a little fuller flavor.

Thanks for the reply. Ill do that!

Comment

I've been eying this one for a while. Finally gonna schmoke it tonight.

Comment

Same for me tonight. Number one is #1

Comment

I don't know what's up with tapatalk, it's bugging me I can't upload pictures

Comment

Originally posted by Seacoal View Post
                    I don't know what's up with tapatalk, it's bugging me I can't upload pictures

Try clearing the cache? I have to from time to time...

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414607901.851882.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	24341592
                      I may or may not have smoked this earlier today. And if I did, I may have enjoyed it. A lot.

Comment

[ATTACH]665473[/ATTACH]
                        I may or may not have smoked this earlier today. And if I did, I may have enjoyed it. A lot.

I may or may not have proof that you did indeed set fire to it

I enjoyed the visit this morning...

Comment

Comment

The cat bandit posted up my take for me because crapatalk doesn't like me. I got a box of the new CAO Columbia's in the Magdalena (Torpedo) shape. Along with a sampler pack of diesels (unlimited, unlimited Maduro, unholy cocktail, and the hair of the dog). Never had any of these diesels but the couple I've had we're phenomenal

Comment

Anyone try the Texas Series Perdomo? I grabbed two. Got my humidor in and starting to build my inventory so I went stocked up on a variety. Well primary pardons and perdomo's.
                              Padron 6000's
                              Perdomo champagne
                              Couple Padron 64&26 anniversary's
                              Perdomo's lot 23
                              Perdomo habano
                              I will grab some partagas next time.

Comment

I haven't gotten around to trying the Texas series, I really need to though! Sounds like you got some sweet stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X