No announcement yet.

Henry and LEVERevolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since we are talking about Hornady’s LEVERevolution... I have 8 brand new boxes of the Hornady LEVERevolution 30-30 140 grain I am selling if anybody is interested. Usually sells for around $30 a box. I'd take $14 a box for a FTF meet up in Aledo (15 minutes west of Fort Worth). PM if interested. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by DroptineDreamer View Post
      Since we are talking about Hornady’s LEVERevolution... I have 8 brand new boxes of the Hornady LEVERevolution 30-30 140 grain I am selling if anybody is interested. Usually sells for around $30 a box. I'd take $14 a box for a FTF meet up in Aledo (15 minutes west of Fort Worth). PM if interested. Thanks!
      At that price I’d be interested in trying a few boxes. I’ve only tried the 160s in my 336

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
        At that price I’d be interested in trying a few boxes. I’ve only tried the 160s in my 336

PM sent. Thanks!

Comment

What kind of groups are yall getting?
          The Marlins I've owned were 2"@100 yards or real close to it with most factory ammo. For what I use them for that is plenty good enough so I never tried to do better.

I did have a Glenfield (sans barrel-band) that was more accurate than the other two and it would shoot the Federal 170gr ammo close to an inch for 2-3 shots. It was the only one that shot the 160gr Lever revolution ammo decently.

Comment

I have 2 1970 336 30-30 Marlins and they don't like the LEVERevolution at all. I have a Henry 30-30 that shoots it fine. 1.5" group. Someone else might do better, I'm pretty shaky now.
            I have an old Marlin 44 Mag and a Henry 44 Mag and both shoot the LEVERevolution very well.

JC

Comment

For the older Marlins that don’t feed the Leverevelution it is usually the follower the older rifles have a flat face on the follower they sell a dished faced follower that will usually solve the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                My .444 Marlin won't cycle the Leverevolution ammo either.
                Change the follower and it will

If yours ain’t cycling the first round their is a little trick that works. When you load the last round push it all the way into the tube with a pencil or something and let it ride back out.
                Last edited by Johnny44; 01-15-2018, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                  Dale. Where did you snag the trip 4? I have been looking for one for a while.
                  There has been a ported straight stock P on Texashunting for a while

Comment

I’ll take all that ammo droptine if you still have it and can wait till the date in my PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
                      There has been a ported straight stock P on Texashunting for a while
                      Thanks !! I will look.

Comment

Didn't read all posts but my '73 .45LC won't cycle them well. Rubber tip makes them to long.

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
                          For the older Marlins that don’t feed the Leverevelution it is usually the follower the older rifles have a flat face on the follower they sell a dished faced follower that will usually solve the problem.

That's awesome.......what's a follower?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The follower is in the magazine at the end of the magazine spring

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              That's awesome.......what's a follower?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol Dale. It’s the thingamajig in the tube that goes between yer bullets and the spring.

Ranger Point Precision probably has what you need.

Ranger Point Precision (RPP) in Houston, TX is a leading innovator and producer of lever-action and motorcycle parts for Marlin, Henry, Winchester, Steyr firearms; Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha mortorcycles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                                Ranger Point Precision probably has what you need.
                                Ranger Point Precision (RPP) in Houston, TX is a leading innovator and producer of lever-action and motorcycle parts for Marlin, Henry, Winchester, Steyr firearms; Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha mortorcycles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                                My Marlin feeds the LeverRev fine, but for $26 it is a simple install and non expensive upgrade. With the blue follower, easy to tell if gun is unloaded also.

Mike D to the rescue! ...again Appreciate all your tips Mike.

Comment

Working...
                                X