Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chew View Post
    Problem solved on grease drain.

Bought this at Lowe's to get the brass nipple thingy. Dropped it in the hole and everything drains straight down into the container.

Doggonit LT Chew!!! Now you went and got all MacGyverish on us. . Or ThisOldHousish.
    Last edited by Worksalot; 05-14-2018, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LWR2 View Post
      Chew get you a taper bit and recess that sleeve.

LWR2
      I'm a dumb cop. That's all Greek to me [emoji4][emoji16][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Worksalot View Post
        Doggonit LT Chew!!! Now you went and got all MacGyverish on us. . Or ThisOldHousish.
        I have my moments. [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Comment

Originally posted by krisw View Post
          I went to the a mexican store thats a few minutes from me. I think it was only a couple of dollars a lb.
          Thanks. I've been trying to figure out how to make my own for a while. Just cant get it right, would love to have it like I get at the local taco shops...which is what yours looks like.
          There is a mexican market in town that I've bought chorizo from in the past, maybe I'll stop back by and see if they can help me.

Comment

I have only made 2 bad meals on this thing. The first, I bought tenderized skirt steak and tried making Pappasitos fajitas. Once again tonight I tried them again. I thought the tenderized steak was the problem. It was not. I think the soy/pineapple marinade needs flames to be properly burnt off. I have made fajitas once a week for a month using the premartinated HEB fajitas and they have been awesome. Im losing the Pappasitos recipe for the blackstone.

Comment

I am tired of lurking this thread, I am going to bight the bullut and by a griddle
              The gas grill just flames up and burns up stuff
              Now guess a camp chef double burner is in order

Comment

Good call pilar, wish I would of bought mine years ago. I love cooking anyway I can but these things are a blast.

Comment

Burgers tonight with pepper jack cheese and grilled onions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone have a recommendation for installing one in an outdoor kitchen? Tons of drop in grills but can’t find a drop in griddle.

Comment

You can take the legs off the standard Blackstone (especially the stainless model) and mount it in a recess that has proper ventilation and heat resistant materials. That's what I plan to do.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                        You can take the legs off the standard Blackstone (especially the stainless model) and mount it in a recess that has proper ventilation and heat resistant materials. That's what I plan to do.
                        I thought that might work. Many thanks!

Comment

Man, I thought I would see some bacon wrapped corn on the griddle tonight

Comment

Not me! I love bacon, but I also love corn, burgers, fillet mignon, etc. If you wrap something in bacon, it no longer tastes like it was... Bacon on a burger is no longer a burger, but just bacon with other fillers... same with corn... Bacon flavored corn just don't sound good to me...

Comment

Anyone done chicken wings on the griddle yet ?

Comment

I dragged one out of Home Depot today. However, not before the guys helping me managed to help me collapse one and basically destroy the base. Whoops.

They had both the front and rear drain models. I went with the rear. I think that will work better.

Season and start to use tomorrow, I hope.

Click image for larger version

Name:	65518 (Small).jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	24542579

Comment

Working...
                                X