Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice write up Scott! See you at Big Oak in a couple weeks!

Bisch

Comment

Through a cool chain of events - (i.e. I got the bow from slayer at the TBH Trad Hunt at Buffs place because the next guy is local to me, and this would save him from having to ship her.) - I have Sacajawea for one week. I can't just let her sit in my house all week, so I got her out today and tuned her up with my arrows. She shoots my broadhead arrows like a laser, and is begging me to take her on a date! With all that done, I HAVE to go try to kill a pig tomorrow! I also re-served the string, as my nocks were waaaaaay loose on that string.

Wish me luck!

Bisch
      Last edited by Bisch; 02-14-2017, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Good luck Bisch!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome!! Good luck Bisch!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck Bisch!! I sure would not want to be a critter in the woods this week haha.

Comment

The Travels Of The Bow Sacagawea

Sacajawea just drew blood! [emoji106][emoji106]

Bisch

Comment

That's awesome Bisch!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Saweeeeeeet!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

He did not make it 50yds!

Bisch

Comment

The Travels Of The Bow Sacagawea

Last weekend, at the TBH Trad Hunt at Big Oak Bowhunting, slayer brought Sacajawea to hunt with her. It had already been arranged that I was going to take Sacajawea after the hunt because the next guy on the list is local to me, and Scott would not have to pay shipping because I could hand deliver it to Sneaky. While we were there, we did a lot of shooting at the 3D targets at the practice range, and so I had to try out Sacajawea. I had her for a month almost 2yrs ago. At that time she had different limbs that were a bit heavier. I took her to a couple 3D shoots, but was never able to get anything while hunting with her. The new lighter limbs fit me perfectly, and I commented to Scott that I was sure I could kill a critter with her if I got the chance. Well, as fate would have it, Sneaky advised me that he would not be able to pick the bow up from me till after next weekend, sooooooooooooo, that was like a green light to me to try to make something happen.

So, I spent several hours today with one arrow with a broadhead on it practicing with Sacajawea. I spent all day yesterday shooting her, but she wanted to shoot high for me, and I did not want to go hunting with her till I figured that out. Today, I went out to the back yard, sat in my hunting chair, and played and shot till I thought I figured out how to keep my arrow on target. I decided to give the hunt a try. I went to the Fowler Ranch. It is a small high fenced place that is chocked full of pigs, red deer, and blackbuck antelope. Kind of just like Big Oak that Buff owns, but with not as many different critters. I was primarily after a pig, but would not turn down a blackbuck doe if I got the chance.

When I got to the ranch, I pulled the bow out to practice just a bit more. My first shot was dead on, as were most of the other shots I took. My confidence was high. All I needed was for the pigs to cooperate.

Frankie took me out and put me in a popup blind. I was worried because I usually can't shoot out of popups. Sacajawea is 4" shorter than all my bows, and after I got in, I figured I could make it work. Frankie fed the road in front of me as he left. The pigs must have not been too far off. It wasn't 30 minutes when I saw the first ones coming down the road toward me. They finally got in front of me, but I could not get a shot because there was always one behind the one I wanted to shoot, or he would not be at a good angle.

Finally, a nice boar got clear from the others, and at a good angle to shoot at at about 12yds. I drew, came to a full solid anchor, and let 'er rip! The arrow hit pretty much exactly where I was looking and was a complete pass through. I watched the pig run off and knew deep down that he could not go far. After a little while, I texted Frankie that I had shot one. He came back. We found the pig not 50yds from where he had been shot. I am confident he was dead in seconds after the shot.

Anyway, here are a few pics. He was a nice boar, about 100#.

I am honored to have been able to contribute something else to the legend of Sacajawea!!!! She is really a sweet bow!

Bisch
                      Last edited by Bisch; 02-15-2017, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Awesome!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

That's awesome my kinda hunt ! Congrats bisch.

Comment

Nice write-up Bisch, glad you were able to draw blood with here in such a short time.

Comment

Due to somebody on another forum asking questions about Sacajawea, I got to digging a bit, and looking up a few things so I could explain it. She has been on her journey for over 5yrs now!!!!!!

This is a really cool deal!

Bisch

Comment

Working...
                                X