Bulgogi (Korean BBQ)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coachs Wife View Post
    I can't wait to try this. Did you freeze the meat a little before slicing it? Or can the slicer cut it thin anyway? We got a slicer for our wedding. Comes in real handy for making jerky.
    It slices better slightly frozen. Usually, I just let it defrost a little bit since I pulled it out of the freezer.

On this go round, I let it defrost a little too much, so it was soft. The slicer still sliced it pretty good. With bulgogi, it can shred a little and still be all right. You can hand slice it too, but I figured it would be good to have an excuse to bust out the slicer for a more uniform cooking experience (specifically the pork.)

I sort of got the slicer as a gift too, except that I got to choose it as a gift. I got it because I started making my own sandwich meat out of venison and needed to get that deli thin slice thing going.

Comment

That looks killer. Asian cooking has always failed me. I will have to try this.

Comment

Man, that all looks and sounds good. I appreciate you posting the pics and the process, will have to try it out.

Comment

Awesome! giving this a try this year

Comment

There is a place in Austin (BurgerTex) that sells bulgogi burgers. They give you the seasoned bulgogi meat on a hamburger bun and you dress it up how you want on a big condiment bar that has EVERYTHING. Yeah, the owners must have some connection to Korea, the delicious one!

That might be a good idea if you have bulgogi leftovers or want to make a bulgogi sammich to take to work. Bring some kimchi in a baby snack ziplok to add at the last minute to prevent soggy bun.

Comment

Originally posted by banzai View Post
              There is a place in Austin (BurgerTex) that sells bulgogi burgers. They give you the seasoned bulgogi meat on a hamburger bun and you dress it up how you want on a big condiment bar that has EVERYTHING. Yeah, the owners must have some connection to Korea, the delicious one!

That might be a good idea if you have bulgogi leftovers or want to make a bulgogi sammich to take to work. Bring some kimchi in a baby snack ziplok to add at the last minute to prevent soggy bun.
              Never heard of bulgogi leftovers

Comment

Love me some bulgogi! I've always cooked it on my disc but am gonna try it on the BBQ this week.

Comment

thanks for sharing

Comment

Man this takes me back. Me and some fellow grunts used to go to this place in Seoul called the OB Stadium. For 16,000 won (about $14 bucks) it was all you can eat bulgogi all you can drink OB beer. Multiple times they asked us to pay twice! We could put that stuff away!

Comment

That looks so good. I love good bulgogi. I will have to try some with some elk steak and see how it turns out

Comment

kam sa ham ni da, thank you very much in Korean

Comment

Originally posted by Mac View Post
                          Love me some bulgogi! I've always cooked it on my disc but am gonna try it on the BBQ this week.
                          Ive only done it in a wok or a skillet also with the marinade. Then served over rice. I'll have to try it on the grill. Thanks for the idea.

Comment

You've inspired me! I had to write about this recipe. I had to guess at the measurements, so feel free to jump in in my comments if you have any suggestions! Thanks for an amazing recipe!

Click image for larger version

Name:	32 Korean Venison BBQ (420x420).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	157.0 KB
ID:	24456825

Comment

Originally posted by Coachs Wife View Post
                              You've inspired me! I had to write about this recipe. I had to guess at the measurements, so feel free to jump in in my comments if you have any suggestions! Thanks for an amazing recipe!

[ATTACH]806671[/ATTACH]

http://www.mywildkitchen.com/korean-venison-bbq/

I just saw it a few minutes ago when I happened to check my FB feed. Glad you enjoyed it enough to make a recipe out of it!

I got nothing to add. Every cook adds his or her own style to any recipe. My wife modifies recipes she sees all the time... but you gotta to find that initial inspiration somewhere.

Totally awesome!!!

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Working...
                                X