No announcement yet.

Recurve arrow speeds......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would rather have a poke in the eye with a sharp stick than to have to hunt with a longbow

Comment

well........ unless it was a Blackwidow
      Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0102.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	24717722

Comment

Comment

Get you a video camera and tape you shooting your bow, not only will you hear any noise you can see your form. then get someone to watch the tape and get advice for where the sound you hear is coming from.

Comment

Well, I am guessing the bow to be in the 180 fps mark.
            That's as fast as my Bob Lee when I was shooting heavy arrows, arrow speed is not the issue.

What kind of fletchings are you shooting? I think you guys just helped figure out why I had a bad hit on a hog at Bar E...I was/am shooting Banana fletchings and have noticed that they're kinda loud.

Comment

Banana fletching is the loudest for me parabolic cut is most quit, shield is moderate

Comment

You might also try 4 fletch on 90 degrees using 4" parabolics. For some reason these are whisper quiet in my bow. 4 x 4" provides as much surface area as 3 x 5" Shield cuts.

Comment

Oh yea...Buff is definately the man.

Comment

Danny, stand up and tell the class what we discussed last night on the phone

Comment

Remember, silence kills and you are shooting at something that can drop 3/4 ths their body mass in unders a quarter of a sec. I always try to catch my deer commited to a step stretched out on the side i am shooting from. If they are commited to that step it is hard for them to drop as fast, it works for me maybe it will help you.

Comment

Working...
                      X