Shooting with a glove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shooting with a glove

Bow hand glove that is. I've been shooting with a thin leather black glove on my bow hand for quite a while now. Started out as a camo thing in pop up blinds when I still was on training wheels. Then the grip on my Sage and BW were slick enough I never felt in control of my grip without it.
    Now my old glove is about shot out and I need to break in a new one before season.
    Anyone else shoot a bow hand glove?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Redhead liner gloves are $14/pair and require no break in time. I started using them to keep my fingers from freezing but keep using it in warmer weather. Might not work for you but I use those gloves for shooting dove and skeet as well (obviously not with a bow).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I often use a regular cowhide leather work glove. Kind of camouflaged the tan-colored leather with a Sharpie and rubbed some brown shoe polish on it.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
        I often use a regular cowhide leather work glove. Kind of camouflaged the tan-colored leather with a Sharpie and rubbed some brown shoe polish on it.
        Give up on the tab yet?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Comment

This one is like a golf or driving glove.

Comment

You might try a mechanix wear glove.

For me the thinner the better and I actually prefer no glove even when it's cold.

When it is cold I'll just put my hands in a handmuff that is around my waist or mittens I can pull off.

I've been told by people who have forgotten more about archery than I'll ever know that you want the grip of the bow to slide into your hand. You don't want it sticky. BUT to each is own, do what produces the best results for you.

Comment

I don't like the slide. The slick doesn't give me a consistent grip. It's not about the cold either. I use a muff as well.
              I work in Mechanix style gloves all the time and that may lend some understanding why I'm more comfortable with than without I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by cbc0905 View Post
                Give up on the tab yet?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
                No, just talking about bow hand when hunting above.

Comment

I thought they quit making Tab years ago.

Comment

Experimenting with a lower case archery finger tab Cody loaned me. Never cared for the Tab with a capital T anyway.

Comment

I only use a glove in cold (very cold) weather. Even then I use a mit, that opens up to expose my bare hand for holding the bow when I need to.

I personally don't like my hand to "grip" the bow.

I like a no grip, relaxed hand, that allows the bow to pivot if it needs to to get alignment.

The less your hand "sticks" to the handle, the less chance there is for input of adverse influence.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
                        I only use a glove in cold (very cold) weather. Even then I use a mit, that opens up to expose my bare hand for holding the bow when I need to.

I personally don't like my hand to "grip" the bow.

I like a no grip, relaxed hand, that allows the bow to pivot if it needs to to get alignment.

The less your hand "sticks" to the handle, the less chance there is for input of adverse influence.

Rick
                        True but for some reason it's still more comfortable with a glove for me.
                        I can shoot without it. Just feels strange.

Comment

Working...
                        X