Coyote pups, again..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coyote pups, again..

The pups are out and about, same week as last year according to my trail cam pics. I need to find that den.

Click image for larger version

Name:	07270533.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	25153218

neat picture I have never seen pups in the wild.

Comment

cool. Never seen that on my cameras.

BP

Comment

Call a trapper. Or watch videos on YouTube on how to trap

Comment

I had one on video last week that had 4 pups following her. Not exactly what I want to see on camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Cool picture. I have killed two pups in my life but never really seen them other than in the light just before they get popped.

Comment

I got this off of Trapperman:
              "Go out at 3-4 a:m and use a siren to locate them by listening to the response. The theory is that is the time of night they are back at the den, just before heading out for the morning hunt. They call for a response, then quit before 'moving' the coyote. Mark the spot and come at daylight with the dogs and hit the fresh track."

Comment

Here’s another one from a different camera. My property is only 30ac so I don’t know if the den is on it or not. I’ll be out calling when I get a chance. Might put out some snares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck, we have snared sixteen so far this year and I can still hear some calling now and then.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountaineer View Post
                    Here’s another one from a different camera. My property is only 30ac so I don’t know if the den is on it or not. I’ll be out calling when I get a chance. Might put out some snares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    They are eating good, got the swell belly on em. I had coyote kill another fawn about a month ago.

Comment

Unless you know exactly where they are going through a fence a snare is hard. I trap with foot traps. A coyote is a dog and a dog will pee everywhere another dog peed or left droppings. I will walk my dogs through the area that I want to trap. Watch them mark where the coyote marked. Then I will use my dogs droppings and bait a foot trap. The coyote will come in to smell it and I catch them. It works really good.

Comment

Had a young pup run in front of us a couple of weeks ago. Wasn’t fast enough to get a shot on it, but I’ll be ready next time.

Comment

Working...
                        X