Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do with a 10’ section of RR track?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do with a 10’ section of RR track?

We use one as a drag, disced up hay field after hogs destroyed it, then drag with the RR section.
    Then it grew nothing but goat weeds...., figured it would be good for dove season since it’s next to a pond.
    Then the hay baler caught fire Monday when bailing the rest of the field and burnt the field, woods and nearly got my grandparents old house.
    I think the bar foot rest idea would be great now to drink away frustrations.

Comment

Yep used as drag to level food plot

Comment

Originally posted by Dogkeeper22 View Post
        Google rail yard studios. My post count won't let me post the link.

I am going to work on a coat rack and wine rack similar to those shown on their site
        He's right. They do have some really cool stuff.

Custom Furniture Artisan Designed Craftsman Built Nashville Tn Perfect for Home & Office. Urban Lofts Mountain Retreats Corporate Offices Private Homes. Reclaimed Railroad Steel New Hardwood Timbers Nashville Tennessee

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
          He's right. They do have some really cool stuff.

http://www.railyardstudios.com/
          That ping pong table net will last for ever.

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
            I have 2 10’ sections. I’m gonna use one as a drag behind the tractor, I’m guessing it will be heavy enough?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            That’s what I use rr track for. It’s plenty heavy for what I use it for.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post

It otta, for $13,000!

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
                I have 2 10’ sections. I’m gonna use one as a drag behind the tractor, I’m guessing it will be heavy enough?

We us a 30' section to drag with. Works great!

One thing I might recommend to you is use an old heavy duty tire between the drag & the tractor as sort of a shock absorber (light duty car tires will come apart quick, so we use a front tire off a backhoe) . We have chains from the drag to the tire, and then a choker from the tire to the tractor.

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
                  We us a 30' section to drag with. Works great!

One thing I might recommend to you is use an old heavy duty tire between the drag & the tractor as sort of a shock absorber (light duty car tires will come apart quick, so we use a front tire off a backhoe) . We have chains from the drag to the tire, and then a choker from the tire to the tractor.

Great idea, thanks! I have the 10ply spare that I took off. Think it’ll work?

Comment

It's worth a try. If it doesn't last, go down to Davis Brothers and see if he will let you dig thru the tire bin and find something stout.

Comment

My neighbor uses a 20' wide 12" I beam. He welded the hooks on the bottom and we can drag it with our 90 HP tractors. My friend decided to drag for me with his 200 HP tractor, except he had it upside down. That drag stopped his tractor and he just spun tires.

Comment

My neighbor uses a 20' wide 12" I beam. He welded the hooks on the bottom and we can drag it with our 90 HP tractors. My friend decided to drag for me with his 200 HP tractor, except he had it upside down. That drag stopped his tractor and he just spun tires.

Holy crap!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                          And 0 net love will EVER be given

Comment

Video?

Comment

Section it up for a cattle guard?

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post

Also good for pulling stuck stuff out the mud with chains.

Comment

Working...
                                X