Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTI~48.

Comment

Anyone know what the average breakeven is on a barrel in Eagle Ford?

Comment

The decline continues at -3% per day. Serious rate of devaluation.

Already posted but oil taking another hit today:

Light Crude $48.48 -3.20%

Comment

Crude oil prices & gas price charts. Oil price charts for Brent Crude, WTI & oil futures. Energy news covering oil, petroleum, natural gas and investment advice

$47.97

Comment

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
            Anyone know what the average breakeven is on a barrel in Eagle Ford?
            between $40 and $55 is what I've seen... depending on operator and area.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
              Is that for drilling a new well or for pumping an existing well?

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                new wells. I saw a report that was based on drilling permits. once the infrastructure is in place for a well, the cost to keep it going is greatly reduced.

drilling a well is 3-8 million, fracking/completions is several million, getting pipelines installed is costly, but once that's all done, the cost of the well is just maintenance with production, workover's, etc.
                Last edited by kyle1974; 01-06-2015, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                  Interview on the news couple weeks ago, said average production for existing well is $18-$25. Some were as low as $10.

Comment

Originally posted by Breezy View Post
                    not actually a bad idea.

it blows my mind every time i drive through kennedy/karnes city and see how many hotels, banks, dry cleaners etc. are there. Its crazy how much stuff is there now. Great for the town ! Sad to see this happening.
                    I still smile everytime I drive through Kenedy and see the sign that says folks come for the tourism lol.

Comment

new wells. I saw a report that was based on drilling permits. once the infrastructure is in place for a well, the cost to keep it going is greatly reduced.

drilling a well is 3-8 million, fracking/completions is several million, getting pipelines installed is costly, but once that's all done, the cost of the well is just maintenance with production, workover's, etc.
                      I've been seeing lots of work over rigs in older wells which is typical during slow downs.

Comment

Originally posted by jpowledge View Post
                        I've been seeing lots of work over rigs in older wells which is typical during slow downs.

Roger that! You will start to see a lot more pulling units!!

Comment

Oil dips into the $47 mark. There are going to be some shake ups. Prices will recover, but the rebound is always slower than the decline, the lag in this will take a while and a lot of acquisitions will happen in 2015.

Comment

I bet it's higher.. We have been hearing lots of talk of laying down rigs even with the big operators. They'll keep only enough to meet lease obligations IMO

The markets have taken a pounding in the last week also
                            Last edited by bphillips; 01-06-2015, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

That's just break even. If it were me, I wouldn't throw the money out there to make $5 a barrel anyway. The eagle ford has a much lower break even than many plays in west texas or the bakken.

The other thing is, those are current break evens. As prices for services go down, the break even goes down.

I do agree that what we'll see is mainly lease holding drilling though. People aren't going to spend the money to barely break even.
                              Last edited by kyle1974; 01-06-2015, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KR-oldmexico View Post
                                Roger that! You will start to see a lot more pulling units!!
                                With the slowdown in new wells and frac crews with nothing to do, you may even see an overall effort to re-frac some wells. It has been done with good returns in production, according to my sources.

Comment

Working...
                                X