No announcement yet.

How many deer have you shot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm from PA and they had/have some pretty strict limits on deer. 1 a year for the first half of my hunting "career" there. Used to be doe season was 3 days after a 2 week buck season and you could only take a doe if you had a tag and had not filled your buck tag. Shot a buck, no doe for you. Even then you were lucky to take a doe after a million licensed hunters were in the woods for two weeks pressuring the deer lol. Sometime in the 90's they changed how they managed doe and added antler restrictions. After a huge doe kill off the numbers dropped and for years I was lucky to even see 5 deer a season. But due to this my numbers are low compared to many here. I would guess only in the 25 range even though I have been hunting since 1983.

Comment

I can tell you when I get home from work today. I was so ate up with hunting when I was young I started a journal detailing every kill, as I never wanted to forget that hunt. 18 years later, I still have the journal going. Its like 22 pages now I think. Maybe one day when im an old timer my grand kids will enjoy reading about my past hunts.

Comment

Over 200 with weapons
        4 with vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
          I can tell you when I get home from work today. I was so ate up with hunting when I was young I started a journal detailing every kill, as I never wanted to forget that hunt. 18 years later, I still have the journal going. Its like 22 pages now I think. Maybe one day when im an old timer my grand kids will enjoy reading about my past hunts.
          That's pretty cool

Comment

I don't know.

Comment

2 mule deer gun
              1 whitetail bow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I figure I average 2 a year over 27 years totaling 54. That's a rough estimate. Some years were great with tags filled and MLD doe hunts. Other years I ate tag soup.

Comment

I only have 2 deer down ...

Comment

With ADCP in the 90's then MLD, I can't remember the exact numbers but it is well over a 1,000

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                      I do something similar. While I don't write a journal, I do keep a detailed Excel spreadsheet with all of the deer stats/location/weapon and a remarks column about what was special about that hunt. In the future, I may try to attach pics of each deer for added detail/info.

I've killed 43 since 2000.

Man I wish something like that existed from my grandfather about his hunts and his deer kills. It would most likely be my most treasured possession.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                        I have killed 83 deer so far. When I was 14 I got a 30-30 for my birthday. I've made a notch in the stock when I killed a deer. I still to this day mark all my kills on that gun. All I had to do was get my 30-30 out and count the notches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Neet way to keep count/not original BUt you kept it going over years.. as for me never kept count of kills Had 10 killless years..most were due to no lease

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter56 View Post
                          With ADCP in the 90's then MLD, I can't remember the exact numbers but it is well over a 1,000
                          Similar situation for me, though I peaked around 400-500, and the huge majority of those were doe. The first 20-30 were fun. But I don't do that anymore.

For the last 17 years it's been more hunting just for family food and recreation, average around 10 per year whole family.

I have killed a grand total of 16 bucks to date, not counting a nubbin' error here and there. Got my first in 1987.

Heck, Solo-cam Aggie, I'd like to read it!

Comment

I dont know. Any number I choose would be a rough guess. Certainly not in the 100s. Probably 50-70. Most with a bow, though I use a gun more and more these days.

Comment

Comment

north of 275 killed

Comment

Working...
                                X