Anyone hunt the mariposa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone hunt the mariposa?

About to book a nilgai hunt with them (rifle) anyone used them before?

No one? If so how was the hunt

Comment

What is it you need to know exactly...I am friends with the Fed GW in this area & know he is familiar with it & would be glad to reach out for you.

Comment

Pretty sure poco has, if not I know for sure one of his friends hunts there fairly regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
          What is it you need to know exactly...I am friends with the Fed GW in this area & know he is familiar with it & would be glad to reach out for you.
          Just wondering how the experience and nilgai population was and if it is a good outfit

Comment

I worked with a guy that went there 3 times with no success but more his fault. He had ops just could not make it happen. He said he saw quite a few but was not quick enough or got to nervous. Nalgai were his personal battle. He said it was a good ranch. For what that is worth. I have taken 2 on the King Ranch and both were quick shots but worked out. Just need a good steady wind to hunt into. Good luck.

Comment

Yeah I believe Poco has hunted on it before. From what I hear the animals are not as spooky as they are on Norias. Running shots are not allowed. Once the animal breaks and runs then they just drive off to the next one. Good practice if you ask me.

Comment

Opened this thread thinking it was joke or something....mariposa means butterfly...was expecting dangerous stories about nets and winged insects and how dangero....oh nevermind.

Comment

My wife and I have hunted the Mariposa 2 years ago. I was Nilgai hunting and she was deer hunting.
                  We seen probably 60 Nilgai, got my bull with no problem. My wife shot two nice bucks as well.
                  Ranch house was nice and clean, food was excellent and the guides did their job.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
                    Yeah I believe Poco has hunted on it before. From what I hear the animals are not as spooky as they are on Norias. Running shots are not allowed. Once the animal breaks and runs then they just drive off to the next one. Good practice if you ask me.
                    Spooky on Norias????

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
                      Spooky on Norias????

Oh yeah. Anyone that has hunting the king ranch norias division knows they don't stand very long. Usually by the time you see them they are running. On the Mariposa they aren't as spooky. The times I have been there they stand long enough to take a shot but if you take your time they'll break and run.

Ray

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Primos filmed several hunts on that ranch. Killed some really nice bucks.

Comment

We hunt them just south of the Norias. All walk and stalk, they don't stick around for a shot out of a vehicle very often. Hunting is amazing as long as you're willing to do some walking.

Comment

The MoJo guys Mike Morgan and Jim Jones hunted there back in the '90s and killed some great bucks. I still have the VHS tape.

Comment

I sold a ranch that adjoins them and the nilgai were there in good numbers. Not super spooky either.

You should have a good hunt

Comment

Working...
                              X