X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boh347 try Tanks Bbq and Garaleys mexican in Midland

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
      Several on main street in Goldthwaite. I would suggest none of them. Peabody's is okay. El Tapatio is also decent. Other than that it's the Dairy Queen are Mary's place on 183 south of Gwaite.
      You know the burger at the grill in the gas station by BB use to be pretty decent.

Comment

Brownwood. The Section Hand is good with a great salad bar. Believe it or not the " Chinese Buffet" on the main drag isn't too bad....

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
          Paris
          Hamburger- Burger land
          Breakfast- Nancy 's
          Steak- Borderline in Powderly
          I'll agree on two out of three. Lol. You forgot a Tex-Mex or Mexican though and I'm going to say Alex's Tacos for that, although there are several good choices.

Comment

Originally posted by hunt3469 View Post
            DeKalb, TX

Front Street Junction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Front Street Junction, that place has been in Dekalb for as long as I can remember. We used to eat there a lot when I was a kid 20 or 25 years ago. Great food then to....although Dekalb was a little limited on choices then.

Comment

Originally posted by dbelcher269 View Post
              I'll agree on two out of three. Lol. You forgot a Tex-Mex or Mexican though and I'm going to say Alex's Tacos for that, although there are several good choices.
              Never been to Alex's. Ill have to try it.
              Tex mex- Garibaldi's with Mr. Personality behind the desk lol.

Comment

Hutchins in Mckinney for BBQ. It's what I grew up on and its great.

Bakers in Mckinney for burgers. Old school drive in. Make sure and get the Texas size sweet tea.

Comment

Bonfire wings!

Comment

Mel's Dinner
                    Tomball Tx
                    It's all good but catfish and chicken fried steak are great!

Comment

Originally posted by parkchief100 View Post
                      I know that a lot of the green screen members travel from time to time, if not daily. It would be pretty neat to have a list of the best places to eat in your little part of the world. I will start it off. If you are ever in Rhome, Tx stop at the Giant Burger at the corner of Hwy 114 and 287. They make a good burger. Not much else in Rhome so I will pass it on to the next guy! Thanks for playing as I will use this thread to find places to eat while I'm traveling with work or the family. 123 and Go----
                      Always a good burger stop on a Lake Bridgeport trip.
                      Another good burger stop is the little store/gas station in Palo Pinto.

Comment

I stopped to grab a bite at this random cafe by chance a few months back and it seriously had the best quesadilla I've ever had. I'm not a fan of chicken fried steak but my brother is so, he ordered it. He told me I had to try it and their chicken fried steak was amazing. This little cafe called "Cafe" in Graford.

A few weeks ago, while in San Antonio, I was skimming through the channels in my hotel room and watched this food show on travel channel. I don't recall the name of the show but they made a stop by Valentina's in Austin. The food looked great so I had to try it on my way back to DFW. When I got there, the line was incredibly long but, the wait was so worth it. Their smoked brisket taco was seriously the best dish with brisket I've ever had. If you guys are ever in the area, I'd suggest you give them a try.

Comment

In Allen, just drive on up to McKinney and eat at Sparkles house.

Seriously, I haven't found anything in Allen I would actually recommend to anyone. When we eat out we usually go to Plano or McKinney.

Comment

Y's Grocery Store in Brownsboro has great burgers. On Fridays, you can get their brown bag special which is a burger, fries, and drink for $3.99 (was $2.99 until a year or so ago). They make the burgers in a tiny corner of the store. Y's is a seriously old-timey operation that looks like it hasn't changed since WW-II. It's not much bigger than a 7-11 but they manage to be a full on grocery store with a meat market. My wife told me they are moving the food operation into what had been a pizza place next door. I hope that happens - be nice to have a sit-down option. Also, the meat market at Y's has the best T-bones, porterhouse, ribeyes in the Henderson county.

Comment

Nothing to get excited about in Porter. There are a few decent places but nothing to get worked up about.

Comment

Has anyone got a place in Vernon?

Comment

Working...
                                X