Duck Hunting shotgun opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
    I think people ignoring the Versa Max is more of a reflection of feelings towards Remington the company than the Versa Max specifically.
    That, and they're a chunky gun.

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
      Man lots of good info here, thanks guys. I agree with some of you about the feel of the gun, but that's only half of the equation. Reliability is the other half which was the main intent of the thread. Heading to Cabelas today to see what they have in stock. Based on opinions here and further research, I've got the Beretta 350 or 400 and Benelli SB2 as front runners. I'll see how they both feel and go from there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
      I did this last year. I have had a Browning A5 for over 20 yrs as my only shotgun. It's been awesome. No real issues unless I don't clean it and let it sit up all summer, I did that only once.

I would have bought the new one except I thought it would be dumb to have two of the same guns and the only 2. My dad has the Beretta a400 and benelli sbe. I bought the Vinci just to try something new and it felt good. So far, I've been too busy to use it though.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Might not be popular but really love my Stoeger M3500. Wanted an inertia action and not disappointed. Been beating it up in the marsh for about 4 seasons now and it's not failed me.

Comment

I have had a Winchester SX2 for about 15 years and killed a pile of birds with it. Don’t know much about the new ones, but based on my experience I would atleast consider them. I also have a 20gauge beretta for doves and clays

Comment

If you dont need to shoot 3.5" I'd go with the M2, if you do go with a SBE2.

Havent shot the new SBE3 yet so i couldnt comment on that one yet.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have an M2 for nearly 10 years. Don't waterfowl hunt, it has a bit of recoil, you have to learn to hold it tight. Sure doesn't get dirty like the 1100. and Winchester Super X 1
              I wore out.

Comment

So researching info, seems like everything is about the a400 and nothing about the a350. What is the big difference that has everyone going with the 400 instead?

Comment

Well stopped by Cabelas yesterday and decided upon the Beretta a350. Ran a few shots down the tube yesterday and liked how it felt. Now to see what the ducks think of it.

Comment

I don't think you can go wrong with either benelli or beretta. Berettas were more popular, and I like to be different so I went Benelli.

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                      Well stopped by Cabelas yesterday and decided upon the Beretta a350. Ran a few shots down the tube yesterday and liked how it felt. Now to see what the ducks think of it.

I bet the ducks don't like it. Nice rig, congrats

Comment

My 870 Supermag gets it done.

Comment

I shoot a Benelli Super Vinci and can't say enough good things about it. It is tough, reliable, doesn't jam, runs clean, is light, and manages recoil. I used to shoot a Beretta 390 but I sold it and greatly prefer the Benelli.

All that being said, a lot of guys I hunt with shoot the Franchi Intensity and/or Affinity (the difference being 3 1/2 and 3 in chambers but they recenlty discontinued the Intensity or are rebranding it) and they have been just as good of guns as anything else for about four or five seasons straight now.

I have also heard good reports on the Winchester SX4 but have not shot one.

Comment

Working...
                          X