No announcement yet.

2018 Alamo Precision Rifles TBH Special Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I might have to start working more OT!

I'd probably have to go 7/08.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      I didn't aim to imply you were wrong, sir. I just love what that 7 Roy will do. For an elk caliber...mercy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s all good just letting know why I voted for it. There is a multitude of calibers out there that outshine the 300wm.

All in good fun…

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
        Posting this for the Creed haters First group from a new rifle after 2 sighters. Off the shelf factory $26/box hunting ammo that can be found almost anywhere. The match ammo is a little cheaper and in many cases, shoots better. We see it over and over again. For guys that don't load, how are you going to beat that?

That’s it! I’m buying mine in a Creed. It can shoot over a week into the future! It says 1-15-18. Or is the bullet so slow that it takes a week to get to it’s target? Haha

Comment

Would a 338 RUM fall into this build. I called and a guy was checking and i hasn’t heard back. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Dejashoot View Post
            That’s it! I’m buying mine in a Creed. It can shoot over a week into the future! It says 1-15-18. Or is the bullet so slow that it takes a week to get to it’s target? Haha
            See, there's the proof! Haha that should have been "5". At least I got the year right and didn't put 17 like I've done all week.

Comment

You already have the reamers for the 6.5 PRC?

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
                I’m trying to decide between these two calibers as well. I’m leaning towards the 257 I think.

I own a 257 Bob and a 257 Roy. The Roy is a Weatherby Vanguard RC that I traded a toolbox for, otherwise I may have ordered one from APR. I have killed an axis buck and a pronghorn with it. I don’t know what animals you are targeting for the rifle build but I would consider the Roy.

If you don’t reload I would suggest the 25.06

Comment

Originally posted by Paslaw0311 View Post
                  You already have the reamers for the 6.5 PRC?
                  They told me yes.

Comment

Originally posted by noack920 View Post
                    Would a 338 RUM fall into this build. I called and a guy was checking and i hasn’t heard back. Thanks

It should.

Wishing the 338 Lapua would.......or even better a 338 Lapua AI

Comment

Would this include 300WSM build? I currently have one, but am looking for something much lighter. Love the round, not the weight of the rifle.

Comment

I’m still trying to decide on what caliber I want.

Comment

Anyone care to give me any advantages of a 7-08 over a 6.5CM...
                          I’ve always wanted a 7-08 for Texas hunting, but seems like a 6.5 would get more out of a custom rifle. Which would be better with a shorter barrel?

Comment

Originally posted by DocHolliday View Post
                            I’ve always wanted a 7-08 for Texas hunting, but seems like a 6.5 would get more out of a custom rifle. Which would be better with a shorter barrel?

Doc,
                            I believe they are quite similar, but the 7mm-08 will allow you to shoot heavier bullets (better for bigger critters). But they should both be able to do the same thing.

I'm sure someone will come along and offer a far more poetic and accurate account of the differences.

Comment

Originally posted by DocHolliday View Post

Both will shine with 140-142g bullets, 7-08 will be about 150 fps faster at that weight.

Due to current craze there is a better selection of good CM factory ammo but both have good ammo availability.

There are other points of discussion between the 2 but none that a deer will ever notice.

Comment

7mm-08 can use a shorter barrel 20 - 22 inch. APR recommends a 24 inch barrel for 6.5CM. I read several articles about the 6.5CM before I ordered it and one of the articles writer took a 6.5CM with a 27 inch barrel. He cut off an inch at a time and would check ballistics. He found the 24 inch barrel to be the best.

Comment

Working...
                                X