Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the coldest weather you've hunted in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was 23 here this morning

Broke out the boot blankets and wind shear Berber fleece

Comment

Yesterday it was 14 but that's not too bad. I was hunting duck and pheasant in Kansas at -7 with a 15 MPH wind. We did not last too long before we gave up and went to the house.

Comment

10 degrees with 20mph winds in northern Nebraska. Sitting in bar ditch with back to a wire fence using a shooting stick. With help from my bud Clay Beck and Brock Bearshield, guide I nailed this bruiser who was locked down with a hot doe.
        Attached Files

Comment

30-35 years ago in Coleman, TX. Weather report said it was -2* in Abilene and +1* in San Angelo. So I figure we were right around zero. I was hunting in a 8x8 ground blind with no floor. I put the chair in the middle, closed the windows and walked around in circles for half hour before daylight trying to stay warm. At 55 yrs old now, I’d never leave the camp house with those temps. Heck, I’d never leave the house. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Temp -8 windchill -36 in N. D. first and last time. I have never been that cold.

Comment

Central Texas deer do not move much when it is below freezing. There are studies proving this. A cold front doe not "get em up and movin" in much of Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                Central Texas deer do not move much when it is below freezing. There are studies proving this. A cold front doe not "get em up and movin" in much of Texas.

My daily Covert pics seems to argue the fact that a cold front does not get them up and moving. (not referring to below freezing always but a cold front in general). We are on the NW corner of the hill country and SE corner of West Texas.

They at least move to my feeders in better numbers. Maybe because its an easy food source so they can go back and bed down but they do get up. My target buck this year always showed up on the morning after a cold front hit and was killed on the afternoon after a front hit at 10 am.

Comment

What's the coldest weather you've hunted in?

-10 in Nebraska. The warmest it got in 5 days was 10. Those morning hunts were BRUTAL. First thing I did when I got home was research the best cold weather clothing I could find and buy it!

Comment

Probably 28 degrees with a wind chill of 20.

Comment

-20 Christmas eve morning for ducks on the Madison River near Ennis, Montana.

I shot the only bird, dumped a hen mallard.

*** was I thinking? At -20, the boots on your waders are as stiff as steel.

Made it back to the truck alive

At the house leaving, colder at the river

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

- 16 Goose hunting in Kentucky in a pit on an Ohio river bottom.

Comment

-30 bow hunting moose in Jackson Hole during the December hunt. My partner and I both had some frostbite on our hands.

Comment

19 degrees not counting windchill on Lavon Jan 2nd of this year. Best hunt of the season. Shot a limit in 45 min.

Comment

cold temps

neg 12, wind chill -24.
                              lost a Huey. UH-1. looking for survivors.
                              recovered four souls.
                              two were close friends. Mcmordo station. 1991.

Comment

If I come up with the lowest number will I be considered a one upper or one lowerer?

Comment

Working...
                                X