Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Knife sharpening in Georgetown Round Rock area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knife sharpening in Georgetown Round Rock area?

Any recommendations? Need a few knives done. By someone who understands how to sharpen each knife for the purpose and not screw up a $500 knife

I'll take " Questions you never thought you would see on TBH" for $500 Alex.

Hollywood knives!

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
      I'll take " Questions you never thought you would see on TBH" for $500 Alex.

Hollywood knives!
      Haha. High dollar kitchen knife lol. Got tired of crappy knives that lasted 6 months. Got a few skinning knives that need touched up too lol

I carry an Emerson EDC1 multitasker every day. Midland knife shop ruined my blade. They don't make them anymore. Can't replace it. Not happy lol

Comment

See? The huge edge was put on by a guy that didn't know what the heck he was doing. I was steaming mad lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You should get in contact with one of the knife makers on here and let them rework the blade and sharpen your serrated edge. That knife is a real good one and can be saved.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
            You should get in contact with one of the knife makers on here and let them rework the blade and sharpen your serrated edge. That knife is a real good one and can be saved.
            I have had them offer. I mainly just need my kitchen and skinning knives done. I don't care to be without my Emerson. Sounds dumb but I use it every day. Its like forgetting to wear your belt. Ya don't feel right haha

Comment

Google search in Austin. I found some in SA doing that. Youll find some kitchen knife sharpeners. May or may not want to give them a hunting knife....

Comment

Originally posted by KC Huntin View Post
                Google search in Austin. I found some in SA doing that. Youll find some kitchen knife sharpeners. May or may not want to give them a hunting knife....
                That's why I didn't just google it and go haha. Found a few places but no clue on quality. The hunting knives I need done aren't exactly cheap either.

Comment

Ive used this guy he says he has a drop off in ATX.

I would use him for kitchen but not sure about hunting knives (he did a couple of mine that i didnt like)

This guy did some work on some old jacked up knives for me and did well. You have to ship knives to him and hes not fast.

Comment

Be a MAN and sharpen your own knives!

Comment

Originally posted by mathewsoutback View Post
                      Maybe be a MAN and sharpen your own knives!
                      Haha. Shut up and go feed your cows

Comment

Most manufacturers will resharpen their blades for a small fee.
                        Look on their website or call and ask.
                        Benchmade will do it for the cost of shipping.

Comment

I can't sharpen a knife to save my life, it's all I can do to sharpen a pencil.
                          Good luck trophy on getting yours sharpened.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar_HOYT View Post
                            I can't sharpen a knife to save my life, it's all I can do to sharpen a pencil.
                            Good luck trophy on getting yours sharpened.
                            I can get them sharp but not like a good knife place can. Lol

I'm wanting to have it done while I wait. Not shipping.

Comment

what angle did they set that edge at and what did it come with from the factory?

Comment

Working...
                              X