No announcement yet.

Toughest animal you’ve seen in person

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These threads used to stop after archery season started, now- not so much.

Comment

Nilgai on few occasions

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
        These threads used to stop after archery season started, now- not so much.
        Too hot to hunt.

Comment

I've seen my wife squeeze out babies the size of watermelons through a hole the size of an orange.

Comment

Nilgai bulls. Guide hunts for them and they never seize to amaze me. I've seen them run with multiple .375 HH in them

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
              Heck. Half of tbh will tell you that a 243 is plenty for nearly any animal in North America haha
              Because it will with the RIGHT bullet for the application and the RIGHT shot placement... I wouldn't shoot a Aoudad in the shoulder with my 300RUM. Unless I had too much less a .243.
              Notice, according to the way I read it, the one in the rib cage brought him down..
              Familiarity with the critter you are hunting and their muscle/skeletal structure helps greatly..
              Last edited by PondPopper; 10-12-2017, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Gar! It is not uncommon for us to finish a 5-6 hour long night and have living Gar in the bottom of the barrel with a hundred pounds of carp on top of them and an arrow hole in them and they are still clinging to life.

Comment

GarGuy shot an old 10pt a couple of years ago and called to tell me. I had skipped a morning hunt so was glad to jump in on the track and drag. He'f shot the buck about 45min after daylight that morning and I didn't get to his house until around 9am. The arrow was painted in blood and there was a 1" wide constant stream of blood on one side, and clouds of arterial spray on the other. We followed that trail like that for 300 yards or so until it started playing out. We continued on the trail until we found a bed with dry blood in it (an indication that the deer had bedded for a short time and we hadn't bumped him). We backed out at that point and went back to the house for lunch. After lunch we resumed the trail and and followed tiny specs of blood for almost 2 miles from the initial shot and the bloods had pretty much completely played out. There were 2 possible directions the deer could have gone so GG went one way and I went the other. I jumped the deer. I went to where he'd been bedded and sure enough there was a dollar bill sized spot of wet blood. I told GG the deer seemed to be totally fine when it ran off and pointed out the area where I had last seen it. This was baout 3:30pm 9 hours after the initial shot...

The next morning about 10am I get a call from GG. I asked what he was doing and he said, "Looking at this deer you couldn't find yesterday." I was blown away and told him not to touch anything that I'd be there soon. My wife and I rode out, I had to see it for myself. It was almost 11 by the time I got to him. The deer had been shot through the liver, entered the back of one lung, dead centered the other, and knocked a chunk the size of a walnut out of his heart. The deer was still limber and warm on a cool morning. He had just died!

Comment

A big orange striped Tom cat..I shot him on two seperate occasions @ 30yds with a .22 short.Found blood,fat,meat,and hair,both times.He didn't come around much,but I saw him licking his butt in the honeysuckle the day I sold my old house.True story.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

This will get wacked and me sent to the cooler but my Ex was the toughest I ever saw. She could bleed for 7 days and not die.

Comment

My brother in law allowed me a chance at a great buck he shot two years before. The shot looked good. Hit a touch high but went through both shoulders and lodged in the opposite shoulder bone. BH was a grim reaper. He never found that deer. I eventually killed him two years later and he was 9 years old and found the BH fused to the bone. Amazing how he survived.

Comment

When I was 18 I had an old S-10 with a 383 in it. Was was out cruising across the Oklahoma state line, from Arkansas, going to pick up my ex wife, girlfriend at the time. I was running 70-75, came around a corner and there was a herd of cattle across the roadway. I jammed it into second gear and braced for impact. Took a big ol Hefner broadside, snot down one side of the truck and fertilizer down the other. From the front bumper to the beginning of the extended cab was a perfect slope, no boxy body lines. Cow had to be put down 4 hours later by a trooper. County shot it in the head with a 45 about 10 times and it kept eating. Poor thing suffered a lot. All of it’s legs were broken, ribs were broken, then idiot deputy didn’t listen about proper putting down technique. Always had a bigger respect for cows after that. Tough critters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Toughest animal I've ever dealt with was the Javan Rusa I killed in Australia. I shot him initially (with 7 Mag) while he was standing still, right behind the shoulder at 200 yards. He then takes off running towards a crest of a ridge. I ended up getting two more shots off before he went over the ridge, and was wondering if I had missed all three shots, considering he was running like he was perfectly healthy and never flinched on any shot that I took. We tracked the blood trail for a few hundred yards and finally found him dead with three bullet holes within 4 inches of each other behind his shoulder. Once we opened him up, we realized he had run almost 500 yards with a completely exploded heart and lungs that were turned to mush. Tough SOB

Comment

Zebra I shot while in Africa. He jumped the string at 30 yards and I hit him high in the lung and spined him. He fell down at the shot, got back up and ran over 900 yards before he finally tipped over. We ended up cutting the broadhead out of the vertabra.

Comment

Nilgai cow...took a .300 win-mag to the head from about 200 yards out...dropped her in her tracks. When I got up to her, she was still breathing and almost kicked me (luckily I was just out of range...tall grass so couldn't tell right away). I then put three more in her chest before I was tired of screwing around and put another in her head. I was amazed!

Comment

Working...
                                X