No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And your fee includes your tags so you dont use the ones off your license. Just did the Guadalupe SP hunt last week and it was fun although I didnt see much. Missed a hog and saw whitetail, axis, sika. Tons of Axis at that place but none in bow range. Rifle should be an awsome hunt there. Unlimited Exotics/Hogs along with your deer tags(5).

Comment

Ok thanks. Will they do standbys for rifle hunt out at granger? This would be great. Thanks for everything.

Comment

Doubt that they will allow rifles at all at Granger WMA.

Comment

They do on the doe hunts

Comment

Anyone ever hunt at Sore Finger #1?

Comment

Originally posted by bluenavigator View Post
              Anyone ever hunt at Sore Finger #1?
              Sore finger is great, and there are usually hogs there, but it's a long, long walk. To get to where the hogs are on the peninsula on sore finger it's around 2.5 miles. That being said, when the hogs get pressured in some of the areas like Willis Creek, that's where they go because there's not a lot of foot traffic back through there. Also, it's a long drag out if you get one. If you've got a boat it's a lot easier to access.

Comment

Rainy Thursday update.

I hit a doe this evening in C on the east side of the gravel pile. I stuck her at 34 yards a little forward and high. As she tried to duck the arrow it either hit the upper leg bone or shoulder blade and went in 5 inches.

She threw the 2 blade rage as she spun and headed for the trees. I gave her 30 minutes and then looked a little bit into the woods. The opposite side of the woods is area B and they had a stand up in the area somewhere so I call off my search.

If I shoot another in the morning I'll try to find both. Not too happy right now.

Here's a picture of my arrow. The tip blade was bent.

Also a picture of a 5.5 year old buck that was take yesterday in A. Nice rack.
                Attached Files

Comment

Bulletman.. Sorry to hear about the lost deer. Thats a pretty nice buck though.. If it was killed in comp. A than it was pretty close to us. I never caught that one on camera though. Ive been seeing a lot of 8s and 9s similar to that one that need to be taken. Ill be out there tomorrow if you need any help tracking. I'd be glad to lend a hand.

Here are some hogs we killed this morning behind the dam. That makes 4 this week. They are in the buckets so they wont bleed all over the back of the pickup. Good eatin size!!

Last edited by gbeard; 10-22-2009, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Were you hunting on the North side of the big clearing in comp C right near the treeline?

Comment

I'll be parked at the overlook on the dam. King Ranch with TBH sticker in the window. Old fat gray bearded guy waddling around in the grass!

The best place in C is right there off the high side or both sides of the huge gravel pile. It's kinda grown up around it over the years but it's a buck magnet.

I busted two nice buck last night looking for the doe. I'm heading out there right now.

Hunts over at 11am.

After that I'll talk to Johnny and see it he wants to go down and find the doe, weight and log it in the harvest record.

Come on over. Terry or Mr Bonner might be there also.

Comment

PS. I kicked up around 20 hogs like those for No1hogkiller in F yesterday.

Good job on them nasty things.

Texas needs more guys like you!

Comment

Good job on he hogs gbeard. Perfect eatin size! I love to hunt Sorefinger as well. It gets really good later in the year after all the hunters are out and about

Comment

GBeard. I thought you were fattening those hogs. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Bubba's bulletman View Post
                              Yes.

And 8 standbys were available but only one person showed up. That would be TBH'r No1hogkiller.

We've put in for this hunt for many years and never drawn till this year.

We'll be in C today.
                              Mister Bubba's Bulletman, I noticed you were able to hunt two different areas, I thought they assigned you to one area for the entire hunt? I was drawn for the November 9th session and curious on what area I may be hunting. I put in by myself, any idea?

What areas did they hunt while you were there?

Comment

Originally posted by heartshot View Post
                                Mister Bubba's Bulletman, I noticed you were able to hunt two different areas, I thought they assigned you to one area for the entire hunt? I was drawn for the November 9th session and curious on what area I may be hunting. I put in by myself, any idea?

What areas did they hunt while you were there?

There were 7 open positions. They approved a unit change since the unit was unhunted and nobody else wanted to go.

Wouldn't happen on a full hunt that's fur sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X