No announcement yet.

Face to face with a mountain lion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very cool. I've hunted in their backyard for 23 years and never seen one...

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
      What part of the county if you don't mind sharing?
      Would like to know as well.

Comment

I'd love to see a lion.

Comment

Why did you rack the slide?

Comment

very cool experience, I had a similar experience many years ago and you will smile often when you think about it. But your butt will pucker at leaves rustling while walkin in the woods in the dark. trade that 40 for a 10mm.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
              Why did you rack the slide?
              Why wouldn’t I?

Comment

I agree with trading that .40 for a 10mm, although I carry a Shield .40 every day. I had an "uncomfortable" standoff last year with a hard headed boar hog in the dark and I started carrying my G20 with a laser/light combo in to and out of my stands. The laser/light slips on and off in a jiffy and goes into my pocket as soon as I get to the stand. I need no special holster to carry the pistol and it is IN MY HAND on the way in or out if it's dark. I do this no matter what weapon I'm hunting with, because my rifle is unloaded and slung on my shoulder if I'm not in the stand. I've had one boar charge me, in the daylight, and if the pistol had not been in my hand at the time, he would have flipped me I'm **** sure. As it was, he died about three feet from me with a hole between his ears. In your case, and the light you had, I probably would have done the same. I can't see me in hand-to-hand combat with a wounded cougar. Any wild cat is a bonafide badazz, no matter the size and you were lucky.

Comment

Guess you don’t keep one live.

I’d have emptied the magazine ��

Comment

Very cool. I wouldnt have shot at it either. Will be a great memory for the rest of your life.

Comment

Very cool.
                      Not any difference in the hole a 40 makes verses a 10mm. I've killed hogs with both, and a 44 mag- 44 had a slightly noticeable difference.
                      Auto Pistol speeds don't create huge shock like a rifle.
                      I do recommend under wood 155sst bullets for your 40

Comment

I've stepped on a bobcat, had a huge boar come into my turkey setup right behind me and been stalked by a lion but never been face to face with one. I bet he/she moves on now. They travel alot anyway.

Comment

Should have put that 40cal to work!!

Comment

maybe i would miss the cat, but he would know that im packing a thunder maker.

Comment

Originally posted by KenWood View Post
                              Why wouldn’t I?
                              What he is getting at is why did you not already have a round chambered?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by KenWood View Post
                                Why wouldn’t I?
                                he's trying to be ultra cool and ultra tactical .... but neither happened.

Lots of people spend lots of their time worrying about how YOU carry YOUR pistol and then making stupid and condescending remarks about it.

It's all the rage among the black-pant crowd.

Comment

Working...
                                X