Possible Cure for Moultrie Cam "SD CARD LOCKED" Error Message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible Cure for Moultrie Cam "SD CARD LOCKED" Error Message

I am still running a couple of the old Moultrie 200 camera's. Still get whiteout pics some but the killer was when one camera kept showing "SD CARD LOCKED" when the card was not locked. I talked to the folks at Moultrie and they told me to try blowing out the card slot with compressed air. Didn't fix the problem. They said that the camera wasn't worth fixing so I put it on the shelf to save for parts for the one camera that was still working. I got to thinking about the old days when I had to try to keep a main frame NCR computer running. Every once in a while I would get an error on a board and the NCR tech would have me pull the board and clean the contacts with an eraser which if I recall correctly removed oxidation on the contacts. I got one of my SD cards out and "cleaned" the contacts with an eraser. Popped the card in the Moultrie and no more message. So far the camera has taken about 40 pictures and is still going. Just thought I would pass this along to see if it would help anyone else.

Thanks for the info!

Comment

Thanks for the info. I will have to try and remember that since I have 2 of them.

bjohn

Comment

Man, thats good to know. Thanks. I have a camera giving me that message now. Glad I didnt chunk the camera in the trash. got the kids lookin for a pencil right now!

Comment

That's great info. I have two of the 200's and got that message last week! I'm going to try it for sure. Thanks!

Comment

Had that message last time I was at the lease. Wiped the card down on my shirt and put it back in with no message. Next time I will use a pencil eraser.

Comment

Originally posted by Double L View Post
              I am still running a couple of the old Moultrie 200 camera's. Still get whiteout pics some but the killer was when one camera kept showing "SD CARD LOCKED" when the card was not locked. I talked to the folks at Moultrie and they told me to try blowing out the card slot with compressed air. Didn't fix the problem. They said that the camera wasn't worth fixing so I put it on the shelf to save for parts for the one camera that was still working. I got to thinking about the old days when I had to try to keep a main frame NCR computer running. Every once in a while I would get an error on a board and the NCR tech would have me pull the board and clean the contacts with an eraser which if I recall correctly removed oxidation on the contacts. I got one of my SD cards out and "cleaned" the contacts with an eraser. Popped the card in the Moultrie and no more message. So far the camera has taken about 40 pictures and is still going. Just thought I would pass this along to see if it would help anyone else.

WOW, small world I work for that company mentioned.

Comment

I had the same display last week. Thanks for info.

Comment

If the eraser on the SD card doesn't work be sure and blow out the card slot in the camera with compressed air.

I hope this is not a quick fix but my camera would come up with the problem almost immediately after I turned it on. As soon as I cleaned the contacts on the card with the eraser it started working. I was hoping it would help some of you guys as well. I seem to remember the SD Card Locked issue was a common one for these camera's.

Comment

Great Info!! Have that problem all the time. THANKS!!!

Comment

I have the same SD CARD LOCKED problem... all i do is play with different orders of blowing out the card slot, putting the card in while camera is on, putting it in while camera is off, turning it off and then back on then putting the card in, etc... it always works eventually until I take the card out. then I have to start over!!

Comment

Originally posted by Biggs View Post
                        I have the same SD CARD LOCKED problem... all i do is play with different orders of blowing out the card slot, putting the card in while camera is on, putting it in while camera is off, turning it off and then back on then putting the card in, etc... it always works eventually until I take the card out. then I have to start over!!

I played that game for a while with this one. It finally got so bad that the problem was rock solid. That is when I called Moultrie and they said that the camera wasn't worth fixing. I am still crossing my fingers that this fixes the problem....at least for a while.

Comment

thanks for the info. I had the same problem the other day but it just went away. I'll know what to do next time.

Comment

Hmm, all I've had to do is set the lock selector to 1/2 way locked/unlocked and this cleared. I've done that a few times.

With one card this is the only way it will roll in my moultrie

Comment

i have also had the prblem even though i have tried both ways said eraser and compressed air. the camera seems to work at first . it doesnt give the message "sD card locked it says 0 out of **** number of picks but then when i set it up and set it up it says SD Card Locked

Comment

Working...
                              X