No announcement yet.

How many deer have you shot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bet if I sat down and really tried I could remember them all. Probably somewhere in the 60-70 range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah, well, I've got an 11 inch stabilizer.

Comment

24yrs old an probably 200ish, lots of MLD tags filled, every time i pull the trigger whether it be with a bow or rifle I still get that feeling everyone gets, that never gets old.

Comment

A bunch...

Comment

I don't keep count anymore, but around 50

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
              My grandfather lived his entire 89 years in South Texas and he died still as mad at them as he was at 15. We all set down with him towards the end and tried to estimate how many deer he had killed. He had 10 years where he killed over 50 per year, a couple of those were over 75. We guessed in his other 68 years he averaged about 20 a year. He took 7 his last year of hunting at 88. We came up with just over 1,900 deer in his lifetime. Don't even get me started on number of javalinas. He gutted, cleaned and packaged all of those deer, plus many more for friends and family.
              I have never met another man as mad at them as John Marion Thompson.
              That's awesome. I've killed about 65 or 66 and hope I never get tired of being mad at them.

Comment

North of 120 over 33 years.

Comment

How many deer have you shot?

Last year was my first year, and I took a button buck with my shotgun. I'm going to try my best to harvest a doe and a buck to fill my tags this year. Hopefully, I'm gonna go out again on saturday morning and whack one with my bow!

Comment

31 with bow don't count rifle kills

Comment

In the 7 years I've been hunting I have shot 4 deer, so far 0 with a bow... I know I know I'm working on it, going bow only this season

For the first 3 years I hunted we only went to a place that had a no doe policy and just never saw bucks when I was out. I have since learned that I think a lot of that is scent and noise coming in. Using a headlamp to walk in isn't always best, have definitely seen more when I just took my time and slowly walked in w/o light

Comment

I never really thought about keeping track. I'd say upwards of 40 if I had to guess. I took a decade off for stupid reasons, so I lost some time there. I sure am glad that for the last 8 years I have been able to enjoy life again. But I have been a little pickier since I took up hunting again, and I didn't start bowhunting until 5 years ago. Still looking for my first bow buck...I'll be strictly bowhunting at the farm this year, so unless I'm invited somewhere, it's bow or nothing

Comment

100+ whitetails counting recurve, compound, crossbow, handgun and rifle.

Plus a few other critters
                          5 elk
                          2 pronghorn
                          1 mule deer
                          axis, fallow and blackbuck

Comment

Right around 100 whitetails with the bow, 10 muleys with the bow, one axis with a bow, another 25 or so whitetails with a gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
                              My grandfather lived his entire 89 years in South Texas and he died still as mad at them as he was at 15. He gutted, cleaned and packaged all of those deer, plus many more for friends and family.
                              I have never met another man as mad at them as John Marion Thompson.
                              I love it when people share the bounty! I have family in Iowa that do the same.

Comment

Hunting different "deer" species world wide during my young life, military career, and in my retirement, over a thousand deer alone.

It never gets old.

If I could hunt people again, I'd rather do that.
                                Last edited by Voodoo; 08-13-2017, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X