This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
    I don't have a dog in ya'lls spat but the blocking of Willie Allen's transfer to TCU was certainly not a good look.

Carry on.....
    There is no love lost between the organization and Willie Allen. TCU tried pulling a fast one and recruited him before he was ever released from LSU, which Coach O took as a D move. It still looked bad blocking that transfer, but there were reasons for it.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
      There is no love lost between the organization and Willie Allen. TCU tried pulling a fast one and recruited him before he was ever released from LSU, which Coach O took as a D move. It still looked bad blocking that transfer, but there were reasons for it.

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/20..._allen_is.html
      It's just not true. First of all, there was no need to tamper since there was no doubt as to where he was going to go. Second of all, don't you think it would have been reported to NCAA if they were tampering? Lets be honest, it was a bull#$%^ move based on a made up reason because TCU was getting some guys from the boot and EdO was trying to prove a point. It doesn't matter either way, but the tampering argument doesn't hold water. Willie Allen will still end up in Fort Worth. For the record, I'm not rooting against YawYaw. He makes for good entertainment

Comment

Go Frogs!

Skinny

Comment

I don't have a dog in ya'lls spat but the blocking of Willie Allen's transfer to TCU was certainly not a good look.

Carry on.....
          Willie Allen was a 4* OT out of NOLA who signed with the 2016 class. He was injured before the season even started, was red-shirted, and had to have surgery on his foot. During the Spring 2017 football practice, Allen was moved to 3rd string LT after being passed up by a True FR and RS-So. Coach Orgeron told Willie to work his arse off, and he would get a shot at playing time this year. Allen was not happy with his position on the depth chart as he took it personal. There were rumblings out of BR that Allen was considering transferring.

Before being officially released from his scholarship at LSU, word got out that Allen had been in contact with a TCU staff member who was recruiting him to play in Ft Worth. This PO'd Orgeron since Allen was still legally bound to his LOI at LSU. Orgeron did not appreciate the "tampering" and blocked Allen's transfer to TCU. All Allen and the staff member had to do was wait 1-2 months until Allen was officially released from his scholarship at LSU.

edit ... I started my post at 4:00 and got called out for an emergency work accident. Finished typing my reply after getting back to the office. Hit send before realizing others had already replied to this subject. Thought about deleting my post since it's redundant , but decided to leave it up ... frick it , it's CFB and the season starts in < 30 days

Last edited by Cajun Blake; 08-03-2017, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
            Willie Allen was a 4* OT out of NOLA who signed with the 2016 class. He was injured before the season even started, was red-shirted, and had to have surgery on his foot. During the Spring 2017 football practice, Allen was moved to 3rd string LT after being passed up by a True FR and RS-So. Coach Orgeron told Willie to work his arse off, and he would get a shot at playing time this year. Allen was not happy with his position on the depth chart as he took it personal. There were rumblings out of BR that Allen was considering transferring.

Before being officially released from his scholarship at LSU, word got out that Allen had been in contact with a TCU staff member who was recruiting him to play in Ft Worth. This PO'd Orgeron since Allen was still legally bound to his LOI at LSU. Orgeron did not appreciate the "tampering" and blocked Allen's transfer to TCU. All Allen and the staff member had to do was wait 1-2 months until Allen was officially released from his scholarship at LSU.

see above

Comment

see above
              see my edit ..... I'm a little slooooow at reading (my bad)

best of luck to your team this year brother

good thing about CFB , every team is undefeated until after Week 1

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
                I read that even the King is in the hot seat this year especially with all of his common coaching changes. I always want tech to win but this year it's kinda bittersweet to hope we can do just bad enough to get a new coach. I'm sorry, Kliff was a good player for tech, I just don't think he is a good coach for us. Too much hype for being a former player and not enough delivering as a coach.

But, if they were to go 1-11 with a win in Austin, I can be a happy camper and Kilff might could get a pass from me to stay another year .
                His seat is more than hot, Hocutt all but said he has to win or they will change. Dang tough schedule he is facing too.

I honestly thing Kingsbury will win here if the fandom/admin are patient. He was elevated far too soon/quick, he wasn't ready. But he is a winner and has a winner's attitude and work ethic, he just doesent know how yet.

I do think Tech will have defense for the 1st time in almost a decade

Comment

see my edit ..... I'm a little slooooow at reading (my bad)

You too Mr.Blake! Come on September

Comment

If Miles was such a good coach, then why was he passed over for the HC jobs at Houston, Purdue, Baylor, and Ole Miss ? He's fixing to be 64 yrs old, and his agent will demand a guaranteed 5 year contract, worth $5,000,000+ per year, and a buyout clause. Nobody wants to hire a stubborn coach, who refuses to change his 1960's offensive mentality, and cannot manage the clock. FYI - LSU is paying Miles $133,000 a month, for the next 6 yrs.

From 2013 until his firing in 2016, Miles record vs. the SECW was 10-10, and vs. all SEC teams 15-11. Great man that his players truly loved, but he underachieved miserably with the amount of talent LSU signed.

Regarding Orgeron, you have zero clue about what's going on in Baton Rouge. Please provide factual evidence (with credible links) about him "runnin a circus down south now".
                    Don't take it personal. I was a little overboard with circus down south. My apologies. The simple fact is they are losing out on top in state talent. TCU is happy about, I'm sure your not. Justin Rogers, John Stephens, Eddie Smith, Hidari Ceaser, Derius Davis. This didn't happen with Les around. And thanks for Turpin. That was a big one that got away. The pipeline has opened and doesn't look like it's closing anytime soon. Good luck this season. I'm in your state a lot working and I know how big the bayou bengals are for everyone down there. Yall should be getting the premier recruits in state every year and it's not happening. Hope it turns around soon because each year is exponential

Comment

see my edit ..... I'm a little slooooow at reading (my bad) !!!

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                        Drinkin and actin a fool. Lesson learned is this- if you are a starting quarterback it's OK. It's a live and learn situation and Baker is a more humble being supposedly from the drunken nonsense in Fayetteville. But if you are a freshmen and haven't filled a roster spot, it's one and done. Double standard. Pretty sorry
                        Who is this yall are talking about?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Baker Mayfield and qb Chris Robison. 4* from mesquite. He got sent home permanently

Comment

This new thread is developing a certain edge

Comment

Oh great. High tide just rolled in

Comment

2017 Pre-Season CFB Thread

One thread is easier to delete When one of you horns or aggies get butt hurt than every other week or so.

Neither team goes better than 8-4 and they both play enough pansies That 8-4 should be annual worse case scenario.

Yes, my alma mater is actually ranked dead last in some division I polls.

[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Working...
                                X