• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
    Why, too busy with Terps match ups?
    Lateral move?

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
      Why, too busy with Terps match ups?

Correct. Texas plays 9 conference game, one marque game, one power 5 and then a FBS school most years..

You could make A&M the Power 5 game but you would take away a trip to Maryland, trip to USF. Now Texas would play the toughest schedule in the country. It limits your national exposure by playing vs another Texas team.

Comment

Meh, there is room. 2021.

Rice
        Arky
        Aggy

Tech
        Baylor
        TCU

SWC style.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
          Correct. Texas plays 9 conference game, one marque game, one power 5 and then a FBS school most years..

You could make A&M the Power 5 game but you would take away a trip to Maryland, trip to USF. Now Texas would play the toughest schedule in the country. It limits your national exposure by playing vs another Texas team.
          Yeah, right . . lol

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post

Rice
            Arky
            Aggy

Tech
            Baylor
            TCU

SWC style.
            Brings tears to my eyes . .

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post

Rice
              Arky
              Aggy

Tech
              Baylor
              TCU

SWC style.
              Oh the Swc being rebuilt would be awesome. TX vs the rest of the country.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                He probably told them the truth and that made Elliott mad. He is lucky the new staff came in and got him draftable. If he would have stayed, he could have been a 1st day type player. He went from tripping over his feet his sophomore year to almost winning the Thrope. It was amazing the leap he made under the new staff.

I have no gripe if he has a beef with Herman and maybe rightfully so, but Twitter is not the way to handle it.
                You see his latest about biting his tongue and not wanting to go public with it, but enough is enough? My dad is a big uh donor and apparently his exit with the players wasn't too rosy, and sounds like his entrance at ut with the players isnt too rosy. Bad thing is, if he said anything bad at all about players who left early, it's not a good look. Players leave every school, but the coaches must keep things positive or not say anything at all. Simply optics to recruits. I'm curious if there is truth to what elliot is saying, but right now it appears that way.

Did you hear his answer to the question about championship caliber players being on the existing roster?

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post

Did you hear his answer to the question about championship caliber players being on the existing roster?

You mean where they asked him how many elite players he had and he answered "some" after a pause? Not sure what was wrong with that but the Ags seems to be riding it like it was bad....reaching.

I had no problem with it. In a culture of what used to be deemed elitists or entitled, I can't believe any coach would list any of his players on a 7-6 team as elite....not to mention naming them. I'd want them all hungry and practicing/working for playing time thinking their job is on the line and technically they are all on the line..

Saban would have laughed at that question.
                  Last edited by Smart; 07-18-2018, 01:34 PM.

Comment

You see his latest about biting his tongue and not wanting to go public with it, but enough is enough? My dad is a big uh donor and apparently his exit with the players wasn't too rosy, and sounds like his entrance at ut with the players isnt too rosy. Bad thing is, if he said anything bad at all about players who left early, it's not a good look. Players leave every school, but the coaches must keep things positive or not say anything at all. Simply optics to recruits. I'm curious if there is truth to what elliot is saying, but right now it appears that way.

Just for ****s and giggles since you think this is a rare important happening....How do you think the exit with Jimbo's players at FSU was?

Comment

It's just media day.....!

Comment

When he paused and said, some? Man, that's just Herman. He also knows who his QB is but he's not going to name them.

What Elliot did reflected more on himself and lack of maturity/character than it does anyone on the staff. He didn't exclude Orlando, there was bad blood but Orlando's scheme is the only reason Elliot had above average film. NFL guys have been gawking over his mesurables for years, but the kids maturity was lacking and still is... This is the Baylor Shadow boxer we are talking about.

Herman talking about these cats departing the team as soon as the final game was played and not playing in the bowl game, etc... Yeah, I can see why they or he might get butthurt over it if he is an entitled little prima donna.

They/he made a choice. Move on, he got paid.

Comment

There is a difference between saying something bad and saying the truth behind closed doors. The sad thing is Elliot, much less us don't know what Herman said word for word or the context it was said in. All the NFL guys told Elliot to stay in school, Herman probably told him the same thus looks bad for it.

If you really want to take a deep dive into it, look at the story / talk from Hager. He said as much he didn't get along with Herman and staff until late in the season when it all clicked. Outside of the guys that left early for the NFL (hey I get it, go get paid), there was hardly no attrition. There is typically a lot of attrition between year one and year two of a program. When you are talking about players recruited by one coach and asked to buy in by another, there are always going to be issues. Herman is not the type of coach to try to coddle these players. You either buy in or get gone. Coddling is what got Texas to playing .500 ball. So you are telling me Herman is different than what we have been seeing around Texas for the last 8 years, hell yeah I am on board. I don't care whos feelings get hurt and what message board fonder people have. Its time to win some **** ball games.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            You mean where they asked him how many elite players he had and he answered "some" after a pause? Not sure what was wrong with that but the Ags seems to be riding it like it was bad....reaching.

I had no problem with it. In a culture of what used to be deemed elitists or entitled, I can't believe any coach would list any of his players on a 7-6 team as elite....not to mention naming them. I'd want them all hungry and practicing/working for playing time thinking their job is on the line and technically they are..

I don't disagree with much of what you are saying, it was just a different response than the norm. I thought the second half of his response was pretty good but also could have been interpreted as a repair for the first half.

But I get the entitlement issue, but didn't chollie fix that with his rules and military way of running things??

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                              When he paused and said, some? Man, that's just Herman. He also knows who his QB is but he's not going to name them.

What Elliot did reflected more on himself and lack of maturity/character than it does anyone on the staff. He didn't exclude Orlando, there was bad blood but Orlando's scheme is the only reason Elliot had above average film. NFL guys have been gawking over his mesurables for years, but the kids maturity was lacking and still is... This is the Baylor Shadow boxer we are talking about.

Herman talking about these cats departing the team as soon as the final game was played and not playing in the bowl game, etc... Yeah, I can see why they or he might get butthurt over it if he is an entitled little prima donna.

They/he made a choice. Move on, he got paid.
                              Hahaha this is the guy doing the boxing? Ignore anything I said then. Total tool.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

I had no problem with it. In a culture of what used to be deemed elitists or entitled, I can't believe any coach would list any of his players on a 7-6 team as elite....not to mention naming them. I'd want them all hungry and practicing/working for playing time thinking their job is on the line and technically they are all on the line..

Agreed. Elite players are playing in the CFB playoffs and/or drafted in the 1st round. Pretty hard do say that about anyone at UT based on last years results. It's not that hard to understand.

Comment

Working...
                                X