No announcement yet.

Official Lake Whitney And Aquilla 2017-2018 Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But I do like to hear about other people catching them in the mean time.

Comment

Im gonna head out in the morning and start spreading out corn for the deer and pigs. Your welcome to come help TG !

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
        Im gonna head out in the morning and start spreading out corn for the deer and pigs. Your welcome to come help TG !

Thanks for the offer. But I'll be occupied in my second home. Besides, I don't wanna pass out from the heat. Then have to have you preform CPR on me while waiting for the local EMS to arrive/find us. That might create a lot of stories and rumors around that area. And I'd have to listen to it every time I'm down there.

I'll just wait till it cools down a good bit.
        Last edited by Texas Grown; 07-06-2018, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Second home?

And yes, you would never hear the end of it.

Comment

Haven’t even put batteries in the boat this year. Just to busy.

Comment

Yah Razorback. My work.

The fish are biting. And there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

TG you only have to work when your welding on that smoker.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                  TG you only have to work when your welding on that smoker.

The fish are biting. And there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Hope we get some rain pretty soon. The Brazos river basin is not looking well. And the further west ya go, the worse it looks. There are only 3 lakes of the 41 lakes in a ACE Ft. Worth district that are at or above normal. 2 are in the Red River basin. And the other is in the Neches basin. Drought will cause hay harvest to go down forcing a lot of cattle to the market. It will mean low meat prices in the short run. But higher prices in the long run till stock inventories increase for ranchers. That will take a few years.

On the other hand, the lower lakes will cause a lot of vegetation growth out on the shorelines/beaches. And if it continues, then we get good rains come Sept and Oct, it could flood that vegetation a bit. And create another great duck season like we had in 2009.

Comment

First Year

Hello Everyone. This will be my first year hunting Lake Whitney. I was was looking for any tips or advice to hunting this land. Also, I was wonder how bad are the snakes are out there? Thanks for any information.

Comment

Originally posted by stanton-77 View Post
                        Hello Everyone. This will be my first year hunting Lake Whitney. I was was looking for any tips or advice to hunting this land. Also, I was wonder how bad are the snakes are out there? Thanks for any information.
                        All areas have game but they get lots of pressure. Spend a lot of time scouting different areas and don't be afraid to move if you're not seeing anything. Also don't leave anything valuable. Quite a few rattlesnakes and copperheads in some areas so I would definitely recommend some good snake boots. I've never been struck at but almost stepped on them multiple times

Comment

Originally posted by cstrey18 View Post
                          All areas have game but they get lots of pressure. Spend a lot of time scouting different areas and don't be afraid to move if you're not seeing anything. Also don't leave anything valuable. Quite a few rattlesnakes and copperheads in some areas so I would definitely recommend some good snake boots. I've never been struck at but almost stepped on them multiple times
                          Fixed it for ya
                          There are areas that you might get a bit of resistance if you try to hunt certain units. If you see evidence of people "claiming an area" don't hesitate to contact the headquarters.
                          Last edited by slicktricker; 07-13-2018, 02:09 PM.

Comment

In the last 3 years out there,Ive yet to see a single snake. Im 110% sure they are there, but I stll wear snakeguards till first couple freezes and always watch where I step no matter the time of year. Now watch I say,I aint seen 1 out there in 3 years Ill find one this season lol
                            Just hope its going the other way or its a Ratsnake,Kingsnake or another cool non venomous one,Im the odd one that loves snakes. What woud be awesome to find eould be a Horney Toad. That would make my season

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I am not asking for specific areas but from the surveys it seemed like the most hunted compartments were right outside the state park at Whitney. Has anybody had success on H-7 or seen a lot of deer? Is there slot of people accessing some of these spots from boat?

Comment

I am not asking for specific areas but from the surveys it seemed like the most hunted compartments were right outside the state park at Whitney. Has anybody had success on H-7 or seen a lot of deer? Is there slot of people accessing some of these spots from boat?
                                I seen few folks on here (and one of my former co-workers I know has) launch canoes and boats up into some parts,in a effort to get away from folks

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X