.22 Question(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.22 Question(s)

If you were to go to a higher end 22, which would it be?

Volquartsen, Anschutz, or other? Why?

Any reason to consider a .17 instead? Why?

And you would top it w/ which scope?

Thanks!

I love my 10/22, and my savage 22 wmr.. no need for me to go any higher. Never considered a 17... my .02 worth

Comment

Been there , done that .... with $$$ not because my an issue I'd buy an Anschutz 1727 Fortner action ($3400). 2nd option would be an Annie 1710 or 54 Match rifle ($1500). 3rd Option would be finding a used, older Sako Finnfire P94 ($1000). I have 2 custom Finnfires , one in 17 Mk2 and the other in 17HMR, both sporting Lilja barrels and Jewell triggers. Most feasable option, and best bang for your buck, buy a CZ 452 which will drive tacks at 50 yds. Don't forget about an older Cooper which can be purchased for $950 - 1100. I've owned 3-4 Volquartsens as I think they're overpriced
      Last edited by Cajun Blake; 08-12-2017, 07:20 PM.

Comment

I have 2 CZ 452s, a Varmint model and an American (sporter). I don't think you can beat them for their price--$450-500. And, the squirrels don't like them at all.

Comment

I knew Cajun would respond, Thanks!

Cajun which 17 do you like better between your Finnfire's? What are they topped with?
          Last edited by MIHunter; 08-12-2017, 07:28 PM.

Comment

To add to the anschutz rifles I would also throw the old Remington 40x into the mix. They are mostly single shot, all model 700 parts fit them, and they can be had starting around 1500-2000

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

I agree with CB that a 452 is hard to beat. They quit making them and I can't warm up to the 455. I keep an occasional eye out for a 452 or 453 varmint in 22 but that hard to come by.

Some day I'll scratch that itch and get a Cooper but not until the girls are out of college.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MIHunter View Post
                If you were to go to a higher end 22, which would it be?

Volquartsen, Anschutz, or other? Why?

Any reason to consider a .17 instead? Why?

And you would top it w/ which scope?

Thanks!

Answer (1)
                It would depend on what I was going to do with it, what are your plans for this higher end rim fire?

Answer(2)
                See answer(1)

Answer(3)
                See answer(1)

Comment

I'm with Blake & think the Anschutz is the way to go for my first choice and I own both a 1710 & 1700FWT, but I would consider their new 1712 models & they are even now offering threaded options, but get expen$ive. Also do not discount the older Savage / Anschutz 54 Sporters as they offer both accurate & some collectability.

There is also the Remington 541-T & 40x Sporters (I have a very rare repeater)...Winchester 52 sporters (albeit really high $$$$) but the Japan made versions in the same 52 sporter shoot very very well.

The early Cooper & Oregon made Kimbers...drool.

I really like the Leupy 3-9x33 EFR for a scope worthy of a sporting rimfire.
                  Last edited by Artos; 08-12-2017, 09:40 PM.

Comment

I took at 10/22 and put a match grade barrel, better trigger and stock. Floated the barrel and bedded the action.

Shoots 1 hole at 50 and inside a nickel at 100yds.

Comment

I have an Annie 1502 17m2 LNIB and unshot that i would sell for $650 plus shipping.

Comment

Belgian made Browning 22 semiauto. If you can find one.

Comment

I forgot to mention that I have a cz 453 in 17hmr. It's a blast to shoot, extremely accurate and has some decent killing power but not much more if any then a 22 mag imo. Ammo is just a little over premium target 22lr so that's a wash imo.

Having said that if you want to shot competition, even the just for fun shoots it must be a 22lr. Additionally, most ranges that offer steel rimfire gallery's are 22lr only.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

To many unknowns.

I like the CZ455 set in a manners stock or a nice Cooper.

Comment

Working...
                            X