Odessa/ Midland Shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meathunter View Post
    First let me preface this by saying my son plays football at UTPB and was locked down inside the training room for several hours while this was going on. He nor any of his teammates or friends were hurt.

I once had a liberal tell me that my stance on gun control would change if I ever had somebody effected by gun violence. I am more certain now that this will not change my mind. During this whole ordeal I kept wishing I could get a gun in his hands. I do not want myself or any of my people to be defenseless in a situation like this. He does not have a gun he has they are not allowed on campus. Being respectful of the law does not protect you. This jack monkey took numerous innocent lives, many defenseless. We are a weaker society without law abiding citizens having guns.
    I thought they changed the law to allow C.C. on campus

Comment

Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it.
      Proverbs 22:6
      Our people are lost for lack of knowledge and the wisdom of our Creator.
      Yesterday at a college football game while tailgating ,these guys were playing the most vulgar music I have ever heard across from us, extremely loud. I told my wife that a guy use to be able to go over there and tell them to turn that crap off but nowadays a man will be attacked for speaking out and correcting others children. Can't even tell the truth on this forum w/o getting attacked some days. Sad.

Comment

There are a lot of wrongs in the world right now.
        Somehow we need to find the way to start righting them. It's our responsibility as citizens not to just ***** about the problems but to push our legislators to do the right thing.
        Trouble is determining what is the right thing . . .

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
          Somehow we need to find the way to start righting them. It's our responsibility as citizens not to just ***** about the problems but to push our legislators to do the right thing.

Gary
          There is no way any" right thing " legislation is possible because the tinfoil instantly comes out of the pantry. The only right thing that could possibly work is church and family...unfortunately the family unit is just about gone because god has been ignored.

Comment

There are a lot of LWL's in the world right now.

Gary
            fify

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
              Would be interesting to find out what he had in his vehicle or what would come back after running his ID.

Seems he really wanted to make a get away.

I dont understand why they havent released the shooters name yet. They have released a bunch of names of victims. Why protect the dead criminals ID?

Comment

Gary

I’m a huge proponent of outdoor ed in school.
                Teach responsibility
                Teach respect for all living things...including human life
                Teach SAFETY...including firearm safety. (We fear that which we do not understand).

Look at NASP...archery is the #2 safest sport you can participate in...why? Safety is continually taught and reinforced, and you’ve got kids 2’ apart on a line with weapons. Teach safety.

I believe this would take a generation to fix but it’s taken a couple to get to this point.

If we ever got unified in this and pushed our schools to teach safety and conservation (like with the Outdoor Adventures program through OTF), we could turn this whole mess around.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                  I dont understand why they havent released the shooters name yet. They have released a bunch of names of victims. Why protect the dead criminals ID?
                  Just saw an update on fox. Putting the shootiers name out there glorifying him as a martyr of some sort would be exactly what the shooter wants. And the press would then direct all their attention on him. Our focus right now needs to be with the victims, their families and the folks of Midland/Odessa. The shooter is a coward POS. And that's all we need to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                    My guess is the left leaning biased media is trying to develop the narrative to fit their agenda
                    Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
                    Just saw an update on fox. Putting the shootiers name out there glorifying him as a martyr of some sort would be exactly what the shooter wants. And the press would then direct all their attention on him. Our focus right now needs to be with the victims, their families and the folks of Midland/Odessa. The shooter is a coward POS. And that's all we need to know.
                    And...............while I agree with the focus needing to be on the victims.....when exactly did the above mentioned media decide to actually adopt this new theory?

Comment

Not the media. These are my thoughts. But watched the update on fox to see if they would mention his name. And they did not. But I'm not naive I know it will soon come out and he'll get all the glory he wanted.

Comment

I'm in Odessa, and I shut down my shop early and kept the night shift home yesterday. the mail truck was hijack 6 blocks from my home and happened on the same street that several of our friends live on.
                        Something we have found very odd here has been the total lack of information, both during and after the incident. In other shootings it's been like they can't get info out fast enough, even if it's wrong. In this case it's been mostly just crickets.

Comment

So let's just call names, ignore the fact that these mass shootings are an epidemic and close our eyes and ears to any discussion about how to help control the issue.
                          Despite dumb asses like Beto it's not about banning guns. But it is about making sure we make getting them out of the hands of the mentally I'll who will use them to do damage to innocent citizens a priority.
                          Until we honestly fix the mental health side of our healthcare system we don't even have a foundation to start.

Gary

Comment

[QUOTE=DRT;14340835]So let's just call names, ignore the fact that these mass shootings are an epidemic and close our eyes and ears to any discussion about how to help control the issue.
                            Despite dumb asses like Beto it's not about banning guns. But it is about making sure we make getting them out of the hands of the mentally I'll who will use them to do damage to innocent citizens a priority.
                            Until we honestly fix the mental health side of our healthcare system we don't even have a foundation to start.

Gary[/QUOTEas t]

Has to start at home...

Comment

So let's just call names, ignore the fact that these mass shootings are an epidemic and close our eyes and ears to any discussion about how to help control the issue.

Gary
                              I’m with flywise’s earlier comment. It started when daddys stopped whoopin that @ss!!

Comment

Getting someone declared mentally ill is a tough thing to do. There are guys everywhere walking around on the verge of snapping.

Comment

Working...
                                X