No announcement yet.

TC Arms 308 Barrel Uncenterd Bore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IIRC that barrel should be 28 inches. It is missing 4 inches so it has been cut.

Comment

Before claiming the bore is offset, measure the bore thickness, on the top and bottom, with a dial caliper or digital caliper. I know the process that barrels are bored, it's very unlikely the bore is offset to one side. I am betting someone, cut the barrel, then tried to crown the muzzle, with a end mill, instead of using a lathe. If the muzzle was not crowned correctly, it won't shoot very well. I am not sure about the fluting going to the end of the muzzle. I have never seen any barrel machined that way, it does look like it has been cut down. Not sure if doing that will affect accuracy.

Comment

That barrel has been cut and shortened. Other than giving it a good crown you are going to be on your own on it. T/C isn't going to do anything with it I wouldn't think.

Comment

Nope replace. TC has a history of crappy barrels.

Comment

I showed it to a couple of friends. One said he didn't see anything wrong with it at all.
            Attached Files

Comment

UPDATE: Out of Center TC 308 Barrel

This is an update to the positive CUSTOMER SERVICE of TC ARMS/S&W concerning the off centered bore of my TC Arms Pro Hunter 308 barrel. Even though the barrel had been cut, but the barrel was off centered, I just received from a FedEx delivery a brand new uncut TC Arms 308 barrel. They replaced my barrel without any hesitation as 1 of our TBH Brothers said that they would do. Truly AWESOME CUSTOMER SERVICE
              These are pictures of the new barrel.
              Attached Files

Comment

Happy ending to a story that could have gone bad. Glad they made good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by diamonde40 View Post
                  This is an update to the positive CUSTOMER SERVICE of TC ARMS/S&W concerning the off centered bore of my TC Arms Pro Hunter 308 barrel. Even though the barrel had been cut, but the barrel was off centered, I just received from a FedEx delivery a brand new uncut TC Arms 308 barrel. They replaced my barrel without any hesitation as 1 of our TBH Brothers said that they would do. Truly AWESOME CUSTOMER SERVICE
                  These are pictures of the new barrel.
                  Congrats! Glad to hear T/C took care of you.
                  All the best,
                  Glenn

Comment

Good to hear the T/C sent you a new barrel.

I wonder if Savage would do the same with the barrels I have cut/worked on that have very non concentric bores

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
                      Good to hear the T/C sent you a new barrel.

I wonder if Savage would do the same with the barrels I have cut/worked on that have very non concentric bores
                      I'd imagine. But I wonder how much that is a worry for anyone that isn't chopping down their bbl. Idk what's allowable in the mfg's eyes for a mid range gun that could still potentially shoot very well with a non concentric bore and could potentially even be cut and threaded after the fact assuming it's within however many thou to allow it to be.

Comment

Working...
                      X