how to time hoyt cam and a half

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to time hoyt cam and a half

I have a hoyt with spiral cams. when drawing the bow, my bottom cam draw stop is hitting slightly quicker than my top cam. My top cam is under rotated.

Do I need to put twists into my bus cable or control cable to fix the problem. How many twists do I need to put in?

You can do either way. Depending on how much it's out of time. If's it just a little put one full twist in buss cable then check timing. If it need alittle more then just add another twist to buss cable and check again. If it's needs more than that take a twist OUT of the Control cable. To fine tune it at this point you could do just half a twist to perfect it.

Comment

Originally posted by splitbeam145 View Post
      You can do either way. Depending on how much it's out of time. If's it just a little put one full twist in buss cable then check timing. If it need alittle more then just add another twist to buss cable and check again. If it's needs more than that take a twist OUT of the Control cable. To fine tune it at this point you could do just half a twist to perfect it.
      Thank you very much for your help. How much will one twist affect draw length? Will I be able to tell?

Comment

One twist will not be felt in your draw length. I doubt it would even be measurable. I know it's not in my binary cammed Elite or any other binary cam bow I've owned. Good luck and let us know how it goes. By the way, a correctly timed bow will be quieter and provide better nock travel. So, it's worth the effort! You probably know that already.

Comment

I shoot a Hoyt Vantage Elite & Pro Elite for 3D, both with spiral cams. Go to Hoyt's website and co to Customer Service, go to the the bow tune charts and select your bow to get the ATA and brace height, along with the string and cable lengths. I put twist in the cables to make the 1/8 shorter than spec and do the same to the string and make that 3/16 shorter than spec. Then recheck your ATA and brace, its should be really close and the timing should almost be perfect.

To answer your initial question, if your top cam is out a lil at full draw, you need to add twist to your buss cable. If ya need any assistance just bring it to me at All Star in Lewisville and I will help ya.

Comment

If you start putting 3-4 twist in your cables then DL will start to change some. I measure DL with a arrow then start making adjustment then double check DL as I go along.

Comment

i thought the point of the cam.5 is that you don't have cam timing issues. . . . I had four of them when they first came out and never had to time the cams to each other.

Comment

I need a diagram of the cable...which one is which? Buss/Contol?

Comment

Originally posted by Phi Phi Hunter View Post
                  I need a diagram of the cable...which one is which? Buss/Contol?
                  Buss cable would be the one with the Y cable that attaches to the top limb. Control cable goes from cam to cam. Check Hoyt website for a manual on your bow.

Comment

Carlos you could had just asked me, don't you know I know everything.

-blake

Comment

There is a sticky in Archery Talk.com under the bow tuning forum. It is worth the read.

Comment

Working...
                      X