No announcement yet.

Keto diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my wife will blend up some pork rinds then bread some elk/fish/pork and fry it up.....

Comment

Literally thousands of recipes here.

Comment

48 hours of almost no carbs; Boy it was a rough day today!! Felt hungry most of the day but actually eat more than I normally do. I had a mild headache and felt like I had no energy at all... I wasn't going to work out but choose to fight through the low energy and ended up feeling quite well after the workout. I hope I don't have too many more of days like this to go!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
          Well here goes my first conscious attempt at a Keto type meal... Tipped the scales at 207 this morning we shall see how it goes, wanting to get to 185 by late summer. My apologies for the blurry pic (chicken fajitas with sausage and an avocado.), I had to tend to the chicken on the grill...
          That goal can be achieved in one month, if you stick with the plan, and only moderately exercise. 22lbs below your current weight is actually only about 10-12lbs body mass. Maybe less depending on how full your gut is .

Comment

48 hours of almost no carbs; Boy it was a rough day today!! Felt hungry most of the day but actually eat more than I normally do. I had a mild headache and felt like I had no energy at all... I wasn't going to work out but choose to fight through the low energy and ended up feeling quite well after the workout. I hope I don't have too many more of days like this to go!!
            Stay with it, the 1st week is the worst. I take Magnesium and Potassium along with a multivitamin to make sure I don't get the "keto flu". Chicken broth, with salt not the low sodium kind, and bone broth help with the headache and other dragging symptoms.

Comment

Stay strong!

Originally posted by DeepDownSouth View Post
              Anybody on the GS doing the Keto diet ? I started 2 weeks ago, and I seem to be eating the same things and it's getting old. If you are, you mind sharing and good receipes? Thank you in advanced .
              No recipes. Just observing. Keto mindset seems like some legit nutritional science and alot of founded advice from some folk.

It seems that packing a cooler might be crucial. Mine is packed daily with a 1/8-1/4# Tillamook sharp cheddar cheese, 3-4 boiled eggs, 2 carrots, 1 apple, 1 orange, 1-2 bananas, 1 baked potato and 1/2# meat...chicken or beef or pork sliced into bite sized chunks.

Keep on keepin on DownSouth. God bless!

Comment

I had my routine lab work drawn 1 week ago and physical with results today. Blood counts, thyroid, electrolyte, C-Reactive Protein, Testosterone, Hemoglobin A1C, and Cholesterol all are all normal. Total Cholesterol was 164 with good cholesterol 104 and bad at 60.

Comment

Your HCL was 104 and LCL was 60?

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
                    Your HCL was 104 and LCL was 60?
                    Yes, HDL 104 LDL 60

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                      That goal can be achieved in one month, if you stick with the plan, and only moderately exercise. 22lbs below your current weight is actually only about 10-12lbs body mass. Maybe less depending on how full your gut is .
                      Going to really try to do some cardio along with the "weight lifting" I have been doing. Weight lifting in quotes cause I don't do very heavy weight like most of here do.

Can you elaborate more on 22 lbs equating to 10-12 lbs in body mass?? Is the rest typically water weight??

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
                        I had my routine lab work drawn 1 week ago and physical with results today. Blood counts, thyroid, electrolyte, C-Reactive Protein, Testosterone, Hemoglobin A1C, and Cholesterol all are all normal. Total Cholesterol was 164 with good cholesterol 104 and bad at 60.
                        Sounds awesome.... I had planned on getting my blood checked before starting but reading the threads on here got me to just go ahead and start.

What area do you hunt near Langtry?? Noticed some aoudad not very far from there on some cam pics the other day.

Comment

Sounds awesome.... I had planned on getting my blood checked before starting but reading the threads on here got me to just go ahead and start.

What area do you hunt near Langtry?? Noticed some aoudad not very far from there on some cam pics the other day.
                          Got off 2 seasons ago for fiscal and distance reasons. Plus, my dad was medically retired at that point and dependent on O2. It was up Langtry road to the farm camp on the right and that was our turn off to camp. Here are the coordinates for the camp site. It is a rock house settlement, that was told to us, to be the original settlement for that ranch. I believe it's the Hargrove Ranch? But, I could be wrong.

29.864859, -101.478482

Never saw any Aoudad in the area.
                          Last edited by icetrauma; 05-18-2017, 02:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
                            Got off 2 seasons ago for fiscal and distance reasons. Plus, my dad was medically retired at that point and dependent on O2. It was up Langtry road to the farm camp on the right and that was our turn off to camp. Here are the coordinates for the camp site. It is a rock house settlement, that was told to us, to be the original settlement for that ranch. I believe it's the Hargrove Ranch? But, I could be wrong.

29.864859, -101.478482

Never saw any Aoudad in the area.
                            I had never seen aoudad out there until now. I was recently told by a rancher that his son had been shooting aoudad on their property which is by the county line. Fast forward two months and I see pics on a cam about half way between the county line and Langtry. This would be south of 90 and very close to the river.

Comment

I had never seen aoudad out there until now. I was recently told by a rancher that his son had been shooting aoudad on their property which is by the county line. Fast forward two months and I see pics on a cam about half way between the county line and Langtry. This would be south of 90 and very close to the river.
                              I would of loved to of had a chance at one. I do like that country out there.

Comment

This is gonna be tuff.!

I started ketoing on Monday afternoon after reading some of this thread. Did some research on the net. Bought some supplies. Had lost 4 lbs up till today and my blood sugar had dropped from an average of ~140 to ~105. Do not know if I was in the state of ketosis, but I was headed there.

Then................my wife brought home Chicken enchilades. I could not resist. I didn't eat the beans or the rice, but them sour cream covered morsels were fabulous.

Oh well, I start again tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X