Like a good buddy of mine told me when it happened to me again this year

"Keep your chin up."

It is good advice.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
      Like a good buddy of mine told me when it happened to me again this year

"Keep your chin up."

It is good advice.
      Yes indeed!! I've been lucky. I knew I'd lose one bow hunting eventually, just wasn't really prepared for it I guess. It's hard to describe. Kinda of a super low point after a huge rush. I checked the tank this afternoon and nothing there, and still no buzzards, so I'm hoping she made it.

Comment

I’ll bet you have one of these running around there now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I hope so!! I hope she slips up again. Last night, I was honestly thinking about not bow hunting anymore lol. Now I think I'm more determined than ever!!

Comment

Tough critters bud. I've seen some survive worse than a shoulder wound.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

I had the same thing happen to me 2 seasons ago, except it was a nice buck. I was sick and I know you are too. Same loud crack, only 4" of the arrow was broken off in him. He showed back up a week later.
              Chin up dude! You will make the next one count.

Comment

I'm about to head out, but I'm not taking y'all with me today. My tradition since my dad passed has kinda become hunting with his rifle on opening morning of rifle season. Then I have to work tonight. But tomorrow evening I plan to be back in the bow blind where I shot the doe last week. I haven't seen any buzzards so I'm hoping she made it and gives me another chance.

Comment

Have a great day in the woods.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck bud!!

Comment

Weather is looking better this morning.....but I gotta go to work. may get to hunt a little on my days off Sunday and Monday, then I'll be headed back to First Point Tuesday through the following Sunday. I'm starting to get a little excited!!

Comment

Good luck, Ryan!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The weather is looking pretty good for the whole trip so far. I got another Big Mike's pop up on clearance for $100 and it should be here today. Since I'm going solo I don't think I'm gonna bother pulling a trailer. I think I'm just gonna put my 4 wheeler in the back of the truck, put my clothes and ice chest and pop in the back cab, and just set up one pop up and make one brush blind, one for a north wind and one for a south because I'm sure it'll switch at some point. The weather will probably actually be good enough to just take my truck but they sure do get scratched up on those ranch roads, so I'm gonna take the 4 wheeler since this trip is a little longer than the last one.

Comment

Good luck my brother!! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Good luck Ryan!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

So the new blind came and I set it up in the back yard. I believe in the practice how you hunt mentality 100%. So for the next few days, all my practice will be out of this blind at 15 yards. When I get there I’ll set up with a 15 yards max shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X