shotgun recomendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shotgun recomendation

I did some duck hunting with a friend last year and am now looking for a nice gun to replace the 870 wingmaster that I used. We also did some geese hunting and the wingmaster and 2 3/4 shells just weren't enough for some of those high flyers.

Im looking for a 28" semi auto that can shoot 2 3/4- 3 1/2 shells. Ive been looking at the versamax which comes with 5 chokes and is camo coated with nickel and teflon coatings inside on the moving parts. Buds has them for 1200 and some change. I don't care about the camo coating and would be fine with just a all black shotgun.

Is there a better deal out there on a different gun?

I've been shooting a Benelli Super Vinci for the last 7 years without issues. I've shot most of the high-end duck guns out there they all do the job but I trust my Benelli guns after all that I've put them through they keep on shooting. I shoot a Benelli M2 in 3-Gun competition and I couldn't begin to guess how many rounds have been through my guns with literally zero malfunctions.

Comment

Originally posted by popo1984 View Post
      I did some duck hunting with a friend last year and am now looking for a nice gun to replace the 870 wingmaster that I used. We also did some geese hunting and the wingmaster and 2 3/4 shells just weren't enough for some of those high flyers.

Im looking for a 28" semi auto that can shoot 2 3/4- 3 1/2 shells. Ive been looking at the versamax which comes with 5 chokes and is camo coated with nickel and teflon coatings inside on the moving parts. Buds has them for 1200 and some change. I don't care about the camo coating and would be fine with just a all black shotgun.

Is there a better deal out there on a different gun?
      I have the Versamax with zero issues. Nice gun for the money.

Comment

Both mentioned above are good guns. If I was going to duck and goose hunt I would look at the Mossberg 935.

Comment

The one that fits you. Honestly it's the most important aspect of shooting a shotgun consistently. If the gun doesn't fit you then your going to hate shooting it. Look on YouTube for the things to look for so the gun fits you.

Comment

good shotguns usually begin with the letter "B"

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
              The one that fits you. Honestly it's the most important aspect of shooting a shotgun consistently. If the gun doesn't fit you then your going to hate shooting it. Look on YouTube for the things to look for so the gun fits you.

^^this. I always find myself recommending benelli because that’s what I prefer. I’ve had beretta’s and franchi all great guns. But I wind up shooting them a season or 2 and going back to benelli just because I love how they feel to me.
              I can say any of those 3 are top notch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Go shoulder a beretta and Benelli and get whichever is more comfortable. But once cry once. It’s worth it

Comment

Beretta A400 Xtreme or Beretta A350.

Basically this gun exactly...

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                    That's a good rule of thumb.

Comment

I guess I’ll go to bass pro and touch a few different models to see how they feel. I just have a hard time spending 1600 bucks for anything

Comment

Originally posted by T-roy66 View Post
                        Both mentioned above are good guns. If I was going to duck and goose hunt I would look at the Mossberg 935.
                        I have the 930...good guns for 1/3 of the price of the "B" guns

Comment

Find a good used Beretta A400 or Benelli SBE II or SBE III for around $1000 - $1100.

Comment

If you want to save a little bit, take a look at the Franchi Affinity 3.5. They're made by Benelli in the same factory using Benelli's inertia driven system. I have thousands of rounds through mine without a single issue using 2 3/4" 1 oz loads to heavy waterfowl loads. It also fits me extremely well which is worth a lot in the world of shotguns.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                              And well within his budget

Comment

Working...
                              X