Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Target Panic!!!!!!!...there may be hope.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure what the "5 PM" issue is, never heard of that stipulation before. Must be following the drinkin/huntin thread.

Comment

Low fence, I have been trying what you have been saying. When you draw and put the pin on the target and then pull away and then go back. Do you let down? Do you do it more than once? I drew and put the pin on the target and then moved off the target and back on, I did this maybe 10 times before finally shooting. By the time I finally shot, I was starting to get tired. I only shot a few arrows, but I was wondering if I needed to let down or shoot the shot? I have not been able to put the pin on the target for years, but I was actually able to do it and hold it there. So I am thinking that this is helping already.

Comment

Originally posted by Starpost9 View Post
        Ok, fellow target panic inflictees. I have the answer for five of you... no more TP. It's just too much trouble to do this for a whole bunch of people. If you really want the (free) cure, I will send it to the first five pm'ing me. It's something I'll have to spend some hours doing, and will mail it to you.

I have had it to the point where I quit archery altogether for quite a number of years (likely longer than many of you have been alive), but since have found the only permanent answer I know of, and am shooting well these days.

The cure is painless, and practically immediate. No attachments, no practicing whatever, no special equipment. If it works for you, I only request you post to that effect, but I'm not interested in making money off any more TP sufferers, but rather that if it works for you, you pass it on to the next guy.
        I can't wait to here this.
        Why can't you just post it once on the forum for everybody?

Comment

This sounds like the yips some people get putting.

Comment

I tried it Monday PM and it seemed to go OK, and my shooting afterwards was as good as if not better than usual. I'll keep at it. Don't understand why I can nail the target, move off, move on, move off, move on, but when it is time to pull through, it gets harder. Must be something with the wiring inside my head!

Comment

I am getting the info from starpost9 and it sounds more like something that is done specifically for each individual. Anxious to get the info and see if it works on my seemingly never ending case of TP. If it does work, everyone will know about it.

Comment

That exact method fixed mine also. I had the exact same problem on targets but I could shoot a tick off a deers arse!

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
                  Low fence, I have been trying what you have been saying. When you draw and put the pin on the target and then pull away and then go back. Do you let down? Do you do it more than once? I drew and put the pin on the target and then moved off the target and back on, I did this maybe 10 times before finally shooting. By the time I finally shot, I was starting to get tired. I only shot a few arrows, but I was wondering if I needed to let down or shoot the shot? I have not been able to put the pin on the target for years, but I was actually able to do it and hold it there. So I am thinking that this is helping already.
                  Let down. Thats part of the process of teaching your self.you dont have to shoot, and never shoot if your not dead center of the target.

Comment

I never really understood the psychology behind TP...interesting if you think about it. Typically you are intending to shoot the target and there's little chance the target will attack you in return so why does it result in a "panic" type of reaction. I say "No Fear"...shoot away!....I guess killing paper is one thing but I don't completely understand "buck fever" either even though that's different. I experience it after the shot, adrenaline - but never before.hmmmm the brain is a funny thing

Comment

Low Fence, Thanks for the info. I too am getting some info from Starpost9 and can not wait to see what it is and if it will help me. If it does I will be tooting this mans horn for ages.
                      I have been shooting a bow for 32 years. The last 10 I have had TP and just did the best I could. ( I blamed it on my bow, my arms, my back, my eyes) It wasn't until last year that I finally id'd it as TP and started making plans to resolve it.
                      Using the method of putting the pin on the target and taking it off, has at least allowed me to put the pin on the target. THAT IS A START!!!!

Let's see where it goes from there.

Comment

As of now, I'm now shooting as good at 50yrds, with a .019 pin on my hunting set up as I did "pre" TP days with a 6X lens on my 3D bow. consistent 2.5"-3" at 50..and actually aiming. Hope this method is still working for some as much as it has for me

Comment

Still doing it on my end also. Was not able to shoot tonight, but will shoot tomorrow and be able post up.

Comment

Ok, today I mailed out the fifth and last TP solution. It's taken most of my free time this last week to finish the job, but hopefully those five guys will start posting within the next several days as to their success or lack thereof, to this TP solution.

Please, no more pm's (I'm still getting them). If those five guys think it worked for them - and I would want to wait another few weeks to make sure it's still working - then I'll figure out something to make it available to anyone else so interested, but be forewarned, there will be a fee.

Actually, what I have done for those guys isn't dissimilar to the niche business I have had on the side for over 40 years now. But frankly I never imagined that so many other guys had experienced the heartbreak of TP like I had (twice, and for a long spell the first time). Therefore, I was late to the game of figuring out that I should incorporate basically the same solution I'd used to help others with lifestyle changes all these years.

That's all I care to say for right now. Let's let those guys speak their piece.

Andy

Comment

Well I went out and drew back and put my pin ON the target, and then........ I let down. I did this a couple times and eventually I shot 4 arrows. @ at 20 and 2 at 30yds.

I have not received my pkg from Starpost...but I am anxiously waiting.

Comment

I am new to this forum, and keenly interested in this topic. Can any of you guys tell me if AJ's solution really worked for you? I've been fighting this thing for a while. As many of you know, it really takes the fun out of the sport I have enjoyed for such a long time.

Did his suggestions really work for you? Its one of the few ideas I have not tried. I am not looking for a magic cure, just something that will really help.

Thank you for the feedback
                                Mitchell (Cato)

Comment

Working...
                                X